Executive Director: Benjamin Tooke
VP of Finance and Administration: Danielle Thompson
VP of Membership: Natasha Oldford
VP of Public Relations and Programming: Tasha Jhangiani
Student Turning Point Society's roots began in the fall of 1998 when the University Relations and Development office recognized the need to have a select group of students attend the Endowed Chair Banquet in the new Veale Center. After calling together a group of 15 undergraduate leaders for the event, it became clear that there was a great need for a group of this caliber to serve as a link between the University and its distinguished guests. By winter break, the student leaders decided to formally create a new student group to serve this purpose.
Statement of Mission
We aim to act as ambassadors with the Alumni, Friends, and Community of Case Western Reserve University to work towards maintaining and creating traditions that are valuable to the advancement of the University and its reputation.
The Student Turning Point Society is an honored group of undergraduate student leaders committed to promoting the vision of Case Western Reserve University and dedicated to the ideal that students are responsible for leaving the University a better place than they found it.
In the belief that the University’s interests are advanced by maintaining close ties to its alumni and friends, this Society aims to create opportunities for students who have demonstrated leadership and commitment to the University to provide these constituencies with a perspective on today’s campus.
What are the benefits of joining STPS?
- Build strong connections with other student leaders on campus.
- Interact and develop relationships with the University's administration, alumni, and friends.
- Work with members of the administration and faculty to enhance campus life for future students.
What do STPS members do?
- Participate in functions and events with alumni, donors, and University staff members.
- Meet bi-weekly to discuss committee and STPS projects.
- Conduct personal tours for VIPs and other high-profile campus visitors.