Case Western Reserve University understands that meeting the needs of today’s professional couples is a critical factor in recruiting and retaining new faculty and senior staff. Many prospective and newly hired faculty and senior staff candidates at CWRU have spouses/partners who are also pursuing employment in the surrounding community. The Partner Assistance Program strives to provide support to couples and their families as they consider faculty and senior staff appointment opportunities within CWRU.
- Attract and retain first-rate dual career couples to the Case Western Reserve University campus and to Cleveland, Ohio.
- Enrich CWRU’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and talent retention.
- Provide job search assistance and support to the spouses/partners of newly recruited faculty and senior staff.
- Deliver information and resources about relocating in Northeast Ohio.
- Engage employers of Cuyahoga County and the surrounding area to build networking and employment opportunities for our Partner Assistance clients.
Case Western Reserve University’s Partner Assistance Program cannot and does not guarantee job placement or create job openings. Furthermore, the Partner Assistance Program does not compromise the normal hiring or search process, but we can provide a letter of support to a hiring supervisor/committee chair/etc. to identify a partner-client for university positions.
The success of any job search and how long it takes depends on many factors. These include but are not limited to
- Relevant local job openings,
- Flexibility salary level, commute, etc.
Career searches are most successful when the partner takes a great deal of initiative. Our clients are urged to conduct an active job search, using the Partner Assistance Program as just one resource.
Partner Hiring Policy
The university has created a structure, used at the discretion of the provost and deans, to assist in the recruitment and retention of new faculty members and administrators who increase the quality and diversity of the University.
The partner hiring policy can apply whenever a final candidate is offered either a (1) tenured, tenure-track, or non-tenure-track appointment or (2) a staff position requires a national search and the final candidate would need to from outside the Cleveland area.
It can also apply to partners of current tenured, tenure-track, or non-tenure track faculty members or to staff persons recruited at the national level when the appropriate dean and the provost, want retain a valued faculty member or administrator. Partner hires are approved if documented reasons exist for the hire in light of the pair's overall potential contribution to the diversity and/or strength of the university.
A Strategic Faculty Hiring Form along with the CV/resume of the primary candidate and the partner/spouse, must be submitted to initiate the partner hiring process.