Sign Up for an Employer Account
- Register for an employer account with Handshake using the same credentials you would for Single Sign-on at the university.
- You will receive an email from Handshake (it can take up to 24 hours) to confirm your email address. Click the “Confirm My Account” button and enter in your Network ID password. Click on “Confirm Account.” Sign in through Single Sign-On.
- Once you activate your account, you can review your new employer profile. You will be automatically connected with Case Western Reserve University’s employer account and Case Western Reserve University will be selected as the school at which you wish to recruit. Please do not select any other schools or an alma mater.
Posting a Job
Instructions for posting a job in Handshake can be found here. Please also review these guidelines:
- Enter the job title, including name of department.
- If the position is only for work study students, include “Work Study” at the end of the title.
- Leave “Company Division” blank.
- Choose “no” for “require students to also apply through website or applicant tracking system.”
- Choose “Name and Email” under “display your contact information to students.”
- Select “On-Campus Student Employment.”
- Select “Part-Time.”
- Select “Temporary/Seasonal,” and enter a start and end date.
- If you only want students eligible for Federal Work-Study to apply, please select “Yes” under “Work Study Job?”
- Your description must contain building and room number.
- All positions should be marked “Paid.” Enter a rate and select “per hour.”
- Job location will default and must remain “Cleveland, Ohio.”
- Under “Required Documents” please check the box next to “Other Document” (you can make other selections as well) and include this message for students:
- Please complete and submit with your other application materials the Student Employment Application form (available in the "resources" section of Handshake).
- Under the “search your schools” search box, select “Case Western Reserve University.”
- Review the apply start and expiration dates.
Once you’ve submitted a job posting, the Office of Student Employment will review and approve within two business days.
Please do not contact the UTech Help Desk regarding Handshake.