Transfer students: Complete your housing application

Residential housing

CWRU has a two-year residency requirement. If you have attended another college or university for one year, you will be assigned to second-year housing. Second-year students must live on campus unless they are commuting from the home of their parent, within 40 miles of campus. You can indicate your commuter status under the residential housing section on your Roadmap. Upperclass students (third year and beyond) are eligible, but not required, to live on campus.

Log in to your Roadmap checklist to complete your housing application >


On your Roadmap, you will need to verify your permanent address and have your uploaded photo ID approved. Once this is approved, you can complete the housing application for fall. On your application, you can preference a specific building or roommate. Assignments are completed on a rolling basis throughout the summer and assignment information is sent via email.

Additional items on the application include:

Housing application: This is the official application that indicates that you will be living on campus. On this application, you will choose your meal plan option, and agree to the terms and conditions of the Residence Hall Agreement.

Lifestyle indicators: This list of five questions about your lifestyle will help you choose a room with someone who closely matches your lifestyle indicators.

Vaccination status statement: Ohio Revised Code section 1713.55 requires that every student submit a statement on their vaccination status for meningitis and hepatitis B before they can live on campus. The form must be submitted online before you can continue working on the housing application.

Gender Inclusive Housing (GIH): GIH is a housing option that will allow students to live with other students in a non-binary housing option. This option is for students who are transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming, or who are exploring their gender identity. For more information, please visit our website regarding Gender Inclusive Housing.

Medical Accommodations: If you have a medical condition that you feel requires a specific medical accommodation, please contact Disability Resources to discuss what medical documentation you are required to provide to their office. Disability Resources informs our office of all approved medical accommodations and we will note all student needs in our database. If a student is given an accommodation for a single room, we will assign the student before room selections open to the general population. For more information, please visit our website about Medical Accommodations.


CWRU does not require upperclass students (attending another college or university for at least two years) to live on campus. CWRU has a limited number of upperclass housing rooms available  If you are interested in living on campus, please contact Housing at or 216.368.3780 to discuss your options. We are currently utilizing a waiting list for spaces.