Your first year at Case Western Reserve University was filled with new beginnings and experiences. You built new routines, explored new courses, made new friends, joined clubs and organizations, participated in university traditions and so much more.
As your first year ends you may already be thinking towards the future. But what does that path and plan look like? Don’t worry! You don’t have to go on this journey alone.
You belong here. And we look forward to welcoming you back home to CWRU in August. To get you started, we’re sharing some “two-do’s” for you to consider as you look ahead towards your second year at CWRU:
- Join a new club or organization (or apply for a leadership position) to build your community at CWRU
- Find a new way to engage with your community and participate in meaningful service
- Connect with career interest areas to explore industry-specific resources and to tailor your job recommendations from Handshake
- Reconnect with trusted advisors and mentors to strengthen your network of support at CWRU
- Declare a major or minor (if you’re ready) to get connected with essential resources and guidance from your department. If you aren’t ready to declare but have questions about various majors and minors, reach out to an Academic Representative
- Complete self-assessments to help you learn more about your interests, personality and values and how they relate to potential career fields and areas of study
- Explore the experiential education database to take your learning outside of the classroom and get hands-on experience
- Start your research and identify opportunities by connecting with faculty and reviewing opportunities
- Get expert advice to help you advance your career by meeting with a career and internship consultant
- Make a plan to study abroad by connecting with a study abroad advisor
- Stay on track for graduate or professional school by connecting with your pre-professional advisor
However your second year takes shape, opportunities and resources abound to make it awesome. For now, keep up the good work and finish those finals!
“This is the way.” — Din Djarin