We’re so excited to see you in just a few days for the start of Discover Week. And our orientation leaders can’t wait to meet you! You’ve met some of them in our videos throughout the summer, but before you arrive, they’re sharing a little advice to get you ready for Discover Week.
Here’s what they have to say:
- “Be open to new experiences this week! Remember that everyone here is just as new and nervous as you. Also, do not be afraid to ask for help. There are so many people on campus that are here just for you!” - Toluwalase ‘26
- “Make sure to bring sunscreen, a water bottle, and a good umbrella. You never know what the weather might be like in Cleveland, but we like to enjoy our time outdoors as much as we can. Having a good water bottle to carry around is a staple of being a college student and is a good way to remember to stay hydrated.” - Nandana ‘24
- “You will likely encounter a lot of information in a short period of time during the Discover Week. While it may seem overwhelming, don't worry! You will eventually learn everything you need to know. Instead, try to focus on enjoying the events and making new friends!” - Joseph ‘24
- “The best way to prepare for Discover Week is to figure out your schedule the day before. There is a lot going on and it can be overwhelming but breaking down the days into smaller events make it a lot more manageable. It feels a lot like summer camp so make sure to have fun too!!” - Emma ‘25
- “I think the best way to prepare for Discover Week is to let loose and really just be excited to start this next major journey in your life. Be ready to meet some people and have some fun. Discover week is meant to be a week of fun in preparation for a hopefully successful 4 years or more of studying at Case.” - Ryan ‘26