New Student Orientation is a week-long, mandatory program. Orientation takes place the week before the fall semester and is designed to help you get acclimated to campus.
It is mandatory for you to attend and participate fully. Those who do not attend will miss out on important and necessary information and activities including, but not limited to:
- Finalizing your fall schedule of classes with your faculty advisor
- Adapting to your residence hall community
- Meeting fellow classmates and returning students
- Learning about the support and resources available to you as a CWRU student
- Establishing mentoring relationships with your resident advisor and orientation leader
Programs include CWRU Community Rotations, CCEL Service Day, Discover Cleveland and the Diversity 360: Celebration Reception. Kick off your first year right by immersing yourself in all the university has to offer.
Key Items to Note
- Global students, those coming to CWRU from outside the continental U.S., are required to attend one of theInternational Student Visa Overview: Staying in Status sessions during the open programming time slots.
- Exchange students are required to attend one of the Navigating American Culture with the International Student Success Series sessions during the open programming time slots.