Final Exams and University Closure
Final exams continue until December 19. Double check any dates with professors or your department before planning winter break travel in order to ensure you are present when required.
The School of Graduate Studies and the University will be closed for the winter holiday from Monday, December 24 until 8:30am on Wednesday, January 2.
Take a course for FREE! Sign up for an art class, study poetry or learn about nutrition. Fellowship courses are a great way to broaden your academic portfolio. If you have an approved Program of Study and are registered for the minimum number of credit hours, you can apply to take a Fellowship Course at no cost to you. Click here to find the Form and see the full Fellowship Tuition Policy.
CWRU RefWorks to End December 31
The Kelvin Smith Library will discontinue the campus' subscription to RefWorks citation management service on December 31 and any stored data will be unavailable after this date. KSL will help any RefWorks users transition their data to a new citation manager before the end of the month.
Safety Tips For Break
Safety on Campus
Much of the campus population is gone during the winter break and nightfall sets in early this time of year. Here are some safety tips to remember over the break:
- Be observant of your surroundings.
- Bundle against the cold, but make sure you can see and hear clearly.
- Always carry your ID and keys (campus buildings may lock at earlier and unexpected times).
- Inform CWRU security if you're working in a building after hours or on a day the University is closed.
- Install the CWRU Shield smartphone app and sign-up for Rave alerts.
- Use campus shuttles, Safe Ride or request a security walking escort.
- Watch for ice!
For additional safety tips, click here.
Safety While Traveling
- Turn off appliances and electronics.
- Secure and lock all doors and windows.
- Take care of food that may not last while you're gone.
- Dispose of trash and recycling.
- Review airline/bus/train policies for luggage size and contents.
- Remember chargers/batteries for all mobile devices.
- Always tag your luggage in case it is lost.
- Share your travel itinerary with a friend or family member; check in with them.
- If traveling out of the country, double-check you have all your documentation, review current policies and conditions, and be prepared to have extra time at customs when returning.
Many buildings, offices and establishments on campus (such as Veale, KSL, dining) may have altered or limited hours over the break. Before making plans, check their schedules or give them a call.
Renew Student Parking Permit
The deadline for students to renew their spring parking permit is Friday, December 21 at 4:00 pm. Renew your permit online.
KSL Student Book Collecting Contest
Do you collect books, maps, manuscripts or other materials found in libraries? What does the collection say about you? If you have a collection of 10+ books/materials that share a unifying theme, enter Kelvin Smith Library’s Book Collecting contest! Deadline for submission is March 8.
Thursday, December 13- International Rankings Campus Forum. Discuss CWRU’s rankings activities including the progress made so far and where the University is headed going forward. The forum will take place in Nord Hall 400 at 3:00pm.
Thursday, December 13- Diversity 360 Series For Graduate Students. This month's topic: Academic Inequity in the U.S. K-12 System. Join your fellow grad students in the Tink Senior Classroom at 5:30pm. Register here.