The deadline to submit Graduation materials is December 7th!
If you have applied to graduate for Fall 2018, you must submit your final materials to our office by 5:00pm on Friday, December 7th. Degrees will be conferred (awarded) on January 18th, 2019 and will be available for pickup at the Graduate Studies Office shortly thereafter.
The last day of Fall semester classes is December 7th, but final exams don't end until December 19th.
The last day of Fall 2018 semester courses is December 7th. However, final exams take place December 11th - 19th; check the Final Exam Schedule here to see when your exam will take place. Double check any dates with professors or your department before planning winter break travel in order to ensure you are present when required.
Register now for Spring 2019 classes
Registration is open in SIS for Spring 2019 courses. You won't be able to register if you have a hold on your account in SIS; click below to find out how to remove it.
- Advising Hold: Automatically placed on your account twice per year and must be removed by your advisor.
- Past Due Balance Hold: Placed by Student Financial Services, these holds affect registration, ordering transcripts or receiving your diploma. Login to SIS to Pay your balance.
- Financial Preregistration Hold: Placed by Student Financial Services. Simply click on the hold link in SIS and walk through the steps to remove it.
- Grad Records Hold: Placed by SGS Admissions when you have missing documents that need to be submitted. Check your admissions letter to see what is missing. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PPOS Hold: Each student must submit a PPOS through SIS by the end of their second semester. Submit the PPOS in SIS for your advisor to process.
Leave of Absence (LOA) requests
Unsure if you'll be able to continue your studies in the spring semester? A leave of absence may be requested for up to two academic semesters if circumstances arise where you are unable to continue your studies. Find the graduate studies Leave of Absence policy here. A written request must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies office; find the PDF form here. Check with your advisor before going on LOA.
Welcome to our new Spring 2019 students!
New Student Orientation on January 11, 2019
Incoming Spring 2019 students should join us for the New Student Orientation on Friday, January 11th from 8:30am - 5:00pm. Reserve your calendars now; additional information about registration will be available soon.
New Student Checklist
The New Student Checklist helps you keep track of items that need to be completed during your transition to CWRU such as getting an ID card, parking, course registration, financial information, policies and more. The Checklist should open on Saturday, November 17th.
Submit a proposal to present at CWRU's first Professional Development Day!
The first Professional Development Day will be held on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 in the Tinkham Veale University Center. Graduate students can:
- submit a workshop proposal with a colleague or on their own (deadline Nov. 21)
- participate in the Slam or nominate other presenters (deadline Nov. 30)
- participate in the Innovation Jam - a 'hackathon' without the coding. Check out the info here and RSVP to be placed on a team
- have a table at the Expo - if your lab, department, office, or organization provides professional development opportunities, they should sign up for the Expo
- join us for any and all of the events happening on Professional Development Day!
$6 fitness classes at Next Level through December 19th!
Now through December 19th, Next Level Fitness is offering $6 classes to students. Check out their site here and choose the pricing options "Students $6 - Be Fit For Finals!"
Funding available for presenting at a conference!
Presenting at an upcoming conference? Need funding? Check out our professional development funding page to see if you qualify for any of our conference funding and to review all of the guidelines. These funds are managed by the School of Graduate Studies.
- Graduate Student Travel Award (GSTA): 50/50 funds (up to $500 for domestic and $1,000 for international) matched by your department to assist with expenses when presenting at a conference. The GSTA Application must be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to traveling, no funds will be awarded if the application is submitted after the fact.
- Verhosek Fund (V-Fund): Up to $250 to assist with expenses when presenting at a conference. The V-Fund Application can be submitted up to 60 days after the conference takes place.
Friday, November 16th- Multicultural Graduate Luncheon. Take some time to have a FREE meal with your fellow graduate students! Check out the event flyer here. The lunch will take place in the OMA office in Sears 409 from 12:30 - 2:00pm.
Sunday, November 18th- Community Thanksgiving Meal. You're invited to a Thanksgiving meal for the local community. Bring your friends and your appetite! Stop by this Sunday at the Church of the Covenant any time from 11:30am - 1:00pm. View the flyer here.
Monday, November 19th- Graduate Student Fall Feast. Reserve your ticket now to share a fall feast with your fellow graduate students and post docs. The event will take place in the Thwing Ballroom at 5:30pm. View the flyer here.