Graduation Instructions for Master's (Thesis) Candidates
What You Will Need
The Master's (Thesis) Graduation Packet Includes:
- Final Certification of the Master's Degree — Complete the certification form with all relevant signatures. Submit form to the School of Graduate Studies with other final materials.
- ETD (Electronic Thesis or Dissertation) Submission Checklist — Use this to be certain of gathering important information regarding format requirements and submission of the thesis.
- ETD Document Approval Form — Have this signed by you and your thesis advisor and submitted to the School of Graduate Studies. Offers important information about the electronic publishing process.
- Student Status Form – To be submitted by students moving on to complete the doctoral degree.
- Request for Waiver of Registration — If you cannot meet the deadlines to complete all the requirements to graduate in one term but can finish before the next term begins, you can apply for a waiver of registration for the next term. You must be registered for at least one credit hour in the semester preceding the one for which you intend to use the waiver (includes Summer).
Steps to Completion
- Complete and submit the Application for Graduation through the Student Information System (SIS) by the posted deadline for the term.
- Work with your advisor and committee members to decide on a date, time and place for your final oral exam (defense). Note that the advisor has to agree that the thesis is ready to defend.
- Submit copies of your thesis to the members of your defense committee at least ten days before your defense date.
- Have your committee, advisor, and department chair/program director sign the Final Certification form at the conclusion of your successful defense and after corrections to your thesis are made, as appropriate.
- Submit a completed copy of your thesis .pdf file to the School of Graduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a format check.
- Submit Final Materials (see below) to the School of Graduate Studies by the posted deadline.
- Upload the final, approved copy of the completed thesis as a .pdf file to OhioLINK.
- Final Certification form with appropriate signatures
- ETD Document Approval Form
- Student Status Form, if applicable
- Your ETD as completed and approved by your committee and Graduate Studies, then uploaded to OhioLINK.