The online orientation module will be available the week prior to the start of fall classes.
Graduate Studies New Student Orientation for Fall 2020 will be held online in Canvas, the learning management system used at Case Western Reserve University.
Grad Orientation is divided into asynchronous modules, which you can access anytime from anywhere with an internet connection. You may start and stop the modules at any point and continue where you stopped at any time. Each module includes videos, written content, and links to get more information on being a student at CWRU, academic integrity, finding support, and COVID-19 resources.
You will receive another email when the Graduate Studies Orientation Modules go live on Monday, August 17.
In addition to the asynchronous orientation modules, there are other orientation events and trainings being held now through the next few weeks. The events agenda can be found here in CampusGroups. Please log in to CampusGroups using your CWRU network ID and password, and create an account now. More details below.
Not Anymore for Graduate Students - Community Educational Module (MANDATORY)
Not Anymore is an interactive online program designed to help you better understand consent, bystander intervention, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
- Access the module through the New Student Checklist - click on the Graduate Educational Community Module link in the checklist. Use your CWRU network ID and password to log in.
- This module is open now and must be completed by Monday, August 24, 2020.
Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Training
Technology Resources for Accessing Orientation Materials
- The Single Sign-On (SSO) service allows you to enter your CWRU network ID and passphrase to access multiple resources within the Case Western Reserve University. (Your assigned network ID is your initials and several numbers, for example: abc123)
- Student Resources for Canvas
- CampusGroups is CWRU’s community engagement platform. Make sure you are set-up to receive email notifications from CampusGroups so you don’t miss important information. Learn more here.
- Zoom Video Conferencing: online video conferencing available at CWRU. Experience cloud video conferencing, online meetings, group messaging and a virtual conference room solution in one. It works on an easy-to-use platform across Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms and H.323/SIP room systems.
- Off-Campus Virtual Private Network (VPN): use the VPN when connected to a public network, such as a coffeehouse’s Wi-Fi, to secure and encrypt your communications. VPN is required when accessing certain university resources, such as library resources and databases from off-campus locations. Download the software.
**If you are having trouble connecting to university resources online, we recommend that you use VPN. This may be especially important for students currently living in other countries.**
- [U]Tech (University Technology): browse for do-it-yourself training resources at help.case.edu. Click "Live Chat" to instant message with a [U]Tech technician. View self-help videos. And more.
- [U]Tech Service Desk: call 216.368.HELP (4357) or email email@example.com for immediate technical assistance any time - day or night. More info: https://case.edu/utech/new-cwru.
We look forward to the start of the semester and seeing you on-campus or online!
Please reach out to us if you have questions.
The presentations and flyers/handouts from the Spring 2020 Graduate Orientation can be viewed in the spring online orientation packet.