The purpose of this page is to provide quick links and reference material to CWRU department administrators and faculty.
SGS Degree Programs and Certificates
- Academic Affairs-related Forms
- Graduation-related Forms and the steps needed to complete the process can be found here
- PPOS Form for BS/MS and IGS students
SGS Policies and the Bulletin
Contact info for all of our SGS Staff, including personal and account-related emails. We are always here to assist you and your graduate students. Let us know how we can help!
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Main SGS account, current students, Academic Affairs, diploma pickup
- email@example.com - format checks (thesis / dissertation)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Admissions inquiries
- email@example.com - Electronic transcripts
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Commencement, Grad Awards, Orientation
- email@example.com - Commencement
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Grad Student Travel Awards and Verhosek Fund
- email@example.com - Postdoctoral Affairs
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Professional Development Center
The Online Application System
Link to the Online Application (non-degree and degree-seeking applicants)
FAQs that could be helpful to applicants or department personnel.
Application Deadlines. Please monitor these to ensure they are correct. Email email@example.com if you would like to adjust your deadline.
Tips and Tricks:
- If applying to multiple programs, students must use a different email address for each application.
- Applicants do not need to send official scores during the application process, they simply need to upload unofficial transcripts and test score reports to be evaluated by the department.
- Applicants can't edit once they hit Submit. If an update needs made, have them contact our office.
- ETS Login page (for retrieving official TOEFL and GRE scores)
- Application / Decision System Login page (AY)
Did you know that our Admissions staff runs a live chat? If your students have a question, have them check to see if our chat is available on any of our Graduate Studies > Prospective Students pages. A chat bubble will pop up in the bottom corner if one of us is available for taking questions. Our live chat is used very frequently, especially by our international applicants.
International Student Admissions
Language requirements - Applicants must meet the following minimum language score standards, we cannot offer provisional admission: TOEFL (minimum 90), IELTS (minimum 7.0), and Pearson PTE Academic (minimum 61). Some departments require higher scores. Course Focused MS programs in the School of Engineering require a minimum TOEFL score of 80.
New Student Process
- Once the department renders a decision on the application, it will populate for the Grad Studies Admissions Coordinator the next morning.
- The Coordinator will review the application to determine if the LORs, test scores, and transcripts have been received and if the minimum language score has been met or meets waiver criteria (if applicable).
- If everything meets the acceptable minimum standards set forth by the School of Graduate Studies, the applicant will be rendered an official admission decision and sent an offer letter.
- If the applicant Accepts our offer of admission, they will soon receive information on how to activate their Network ID.
- They will then matriculate into SIS and begin receiving information about Orientation. Depending on when they are admitted and the time of year, this time frame will vary.
- All new students will also receive information about completing the New Student Checklist.
We have a live chat for that! If your students have a quick question, have them check to see if our chat is available on the Fellowships & Awards page.
Graduate Awards Nominations (nominations open in the Spring; ceremony is held at the end of April/first week of May)
We have a live chat for that! If your students have a quick question, have them check to see if our chat is available on the Orientation, Grad Awards, or Commencement pages during the relevant time of the year.