Student Administrative Assistants (SAAs), under the supervision and direction of the Director of University Housing or the Department Assistant, are responsible for assisting with a variety of administrative tasks in the central office of University Housing
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to perform widely varied duties with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Proficiency with basic PC applications
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Ability to drive a golf cart
- Engage in frequent walking, standing, bending, stretching, and stair climbing
- Contract employment dates: Monday, May 11, 2020 to Friday, August 21, 2020
Specific duties may include, but may not be limited to:
- Assisting students, parents, faculty, staff and outside vendors via phone calls or in-person visits to the office by providing strong customer service.
- Scan student paperwork and file online documents through On-Base electronic filing system.
- Use HARLD (housing and residence life database) when assisting students and parents.
- Distribute and accurately record RTA bus passes to residential students.
- Assist with fall semester move-in preparations, including final inspection walk through of student rooms and residence halls
- Perform a variety of office administrative tasks (filing, general data entry, running errands, etc.)
- Assist the central office staff with special projects or tasks.
- Single Room, in compensation for being on-the-ready for emergencies.*
- $9.75 per hour, in compensation for regular weekly work shifts.
- Average of 37.5 hours per week + emergency response.
*Please note that housing is provided during the duration of the contract. Summer employees, currently living on campus, also receive housing during the Spring semester transition period prior to May 11. Students hired for the summer who are not living in University operated residence hall or Greek House during the Fall 2020 semester, or those living in a leased or privately owned Greek House in Fall 2020, are only provided housing through Tuesday, August 4. From Tuesday, August 4 through the remainder of the summer contract, students not living in University operated residence hall or Greek House during the Fall 2020 semester, or those living in a leased or privately owned Greek House in Fall 2020 are responsible for their own housing arrangements.
Application and Interview Process
To apply for this position please complete the online application, including your resume and cover letter. Within a few days, you will receive a confirmation email from University Housing. The deadline for submitting your application form is February 24, 2020. You may apply for more than one of the four available positions (CSA, SAA, SFA, and SIA) at the same time. Please indicate the position or positions for which you are applying in your cover letter.
This position overview is subject to change between the summer semesters.