Student Inventory Assistants (SIAs), under the supervision and direction of the Assistant Director of Greek Life and Customer Service Coordinator, are responsible for assisting with a Housing furniture inventory, room preparation for undergraduate students, and distribution of Housing materials prior to the start of the academic year.
- Willingness to perform widely varied duties with a positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Willingness to learn minor maintenance tasks (if needed)
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Ability to drive a golf cart
- Engage in frequent walking, standing, bending, stretching, and stair climbing
- Contract employment dates: Monday, May 11, 2020, to Sunday, August 23, 2020
- Inventorying and assessing the furniture of the resident bedrooms and building common rooms of the residence halls and Greek houses
- Cataloging and database management of the furniture inventory in the Housing and Residence Life Database (HARLD)
- Interfacing and communicating with outside vendors. Act as a vendor escort in residence halls and Greek houses when needed
- Coordinate with the Greek Life Office for purchasing and installation of House to Home furniture/projects
- Assist with fall semester move-in preparations, including final inspection walk through of student rooms and residence halls
- Distribution of Housing materials to residence rooms prior to Fall semester move-in
- Assist the Customer Service Coordinator with the creation and updating of pages on the University Housing website
- Minor maintenance
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by appropriate staff
- Single Room, in compensation for being on-the-ready for emergencies*
- Starting $9.75 per hour, in compensation for regular weekly work shifts
- Average of 37.5 hours per week + emergency response
*Please note that housing is provided during the duration of the contract. Summer employees, currently living on campus, also receive housing during the Spring semester transition period prior to May 11. Students hired for the summer who are not living in University operated residence hall or Greek House during the Fall 2020 semester, or those living in a leased or privately owned Greek House in Fall 2020, are only provided housing through Tuesday, August 4. From Tuesday, August 4 through the remainder of the summer contract, students not living in University operated residence hall or Greek House during the Fall 2020 semester, or those living in a leased or privately owned Greek House in Fall 2020 are responsible for their own housing arrangements.
Application and Interview Process
To apply for this position please complete the online application, including your resume and cover letter. Within a few days, you will receive a confirmation email from University Housing. The deadline for submitting your application form is February 19, 2020. You may apply for more than one of the four available positions (CSA, SAA, SFA, and SIA) at the same time. Please indicate the position or positions for which you are applying in your cover letter.
Overview and responsibilities are subject to change between the Summer semesters.