Student Administrative Assistants (SAAs), under the supervision and direction of the Director of University Housing or the Greek Housing Property Manager, are responsible for assisting with a variety of administrative tasks, errands and general labor.
- Willingness to perform widely varied duties with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to learn minor maintenance tasks (if needed).
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Use a 6-foot ladder
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Ability to drive a golf cart
- Engage in frequent walking, standing, bending, stretching, and stair climbing
- Contract employment dates: Monday, May 13, 2019 to Sunday, August 25, 2019
Specific duties may include, but may not be limited to:
- Updating room condition reports in all residence halls and Greek houses
- Assisting with furniture deliveries and inventorying items
- Interfacing and communicating with outside vendors. Act as a vendor escort in residence halls and Greek houses when needed
- Assist with fall semester move-in preparations, including final inspection walk through of student rooms and residence halls
- Minor maintenance
- Picking up trash/litter
- Administrative tasks (filing, data entry, making office calls)
- Single Room, in compensation for being on-the-ready for emergencies.*
- $9.75 per hour, in compensation for regular weekly work shifts.
- Average of 37.5 hours per week + emergency response.
*Please note that housing is provided during the duration of the contract. Summer employees, currently living on campus, also receive housing during the Spring semester transition period prior to May 13. Students hired for the summer who are not living in University-owned residential facilities during the Fall, 2019 semester are only provided housing through Tuesday, August 6. From Tuesday, August 6 through the remainder of the summer contract, students not living in University-owned residential facilities in the fall are responsible for their own housing arrangements.
Application and Interview Process
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter to David Brown, Assistant Director of University Housing, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within a few days, you will receive back an application form for you to complete. The deadline for submitting your application form is February 25, 2019. You may apply for more than one of the three available positions (CSA, SAA and SFA) position with a single cover letter. Please indicate the position or positions for which you are applying in your cover letter.
This position overview is subject to change between the summer semesters.