Students Leaving CWRU Housing at the end of Fall 2020

Students who do not plan on returning to campus housing in the spring will need to notify us of their departure. 

  • Exit Notification Form: Students not returning to CWRU due to graduation, transfer or withdrawal.  This form will be available in MyHousing under Spring 2021 semester (available soon).
  • Housing Status Change Request Form: Students taking a leave of absence or participating in an off campus program (co-op, study abroad, etc.) and will not be living in the halls during the spring semester.  This form will be available in MyHousing under Spring 2021 semester (available soon).

Students not returning to CWRU in the spring must move out and check out of their assignment by Monday, November 23rd at noon.

Housing Release Request For Spring 2021

Those who wish to live off campus for the spring semester but still plan to attend classes at CWRU must fill out a Housing Release Request Form.  This form can be found in MyHousing under the 'Downloadable Forms' section.  Complete this form, along with a written explanation describing the reason the student wishes to cancel their housing for the spring semester, and submit it to no later than November 8th.

Checking Out of Your Room

Dollies and carts will be available for sign out at residential area offices.  Staff will sanitize them after every use. 

A complete checkout requires:

  • Removing all belongings from your room.
  • Cleaning and returning the room to its original condition.
  • Empty all trash from the room.
  • Shut and lock your window.
  • Shut and lock your door.
  • Retrieve a checkout envelope or checkout card, available by the Express Checkout box for your area:
    • Carlton Road - boxes are on the first floor of each building 
    • Murray Hill - boxes are on the first floor of each building
    • The Village at 115, STJ, and PMAs - boxes are in the Village 3A Office (behind Starbucks), the Village 6 lobby, and the STJ Lobby
    • Hazel Apartments - a checkout box will be available on the 4th and 5th floors of the building
    • Triangle Apartments - boxes are in the first floor lobby of Tower 2, across from the elevator
    • Cedar, Juniper, Magnolia, and Mistletoe - boxes are on the first floor of each building
    • Clarke Tower - boxes will be in the first floor lobby
    • Greek Houses - boxes are in Fribley and Wade Commons

Completing the Checkout Envelope or Card

  1. On the envelope, please write your name (first and last), network ID, building and room number, and date of checkout.
  2. Place room and mail keys inside envelope, and seal the envelope with a piece of tape (rolls provided near the Express Checkout boxes).
  3. Put the completed envelope with keys inside into the Express Checkout box.
  4. If you live in a first year hall on north side of campus, Clarke Tower, or STJ and do not have a separate key to turn in, you will fill out an Express Checkout Card and put it into the Express Checkout box.  This card will ask for the same information as an envelope. 

If you do not complete all parts of the checkout process, you may be assessed a $100 improper checkout fee, $96.00 for each key not returned, $10 for each key card not returned, plus any damage identified in your room and/or suite/apartment.

Damage and Cleaning Charges

The Offices of University Housing, Residence Life, and Greek Life reserve the right to conduct a final check of all rooms and suite/apartments after residents have checked out to assess additional damages.  If damages are assessed, you will receive an email indicating the nature and amount of the damages, as well as the appeal process for contesting charges.  This email will be sent to your CWRU email account and is the only notification you will receive about damages.