Case Western Reserve University welcomes all foreign nationals into our community and is prepared to help you begin or continue your career here. We are committed to providing the University community with comprehensive recruitment, hiring and employee retention information and services. This commitment extends to all employment matters, foreign and domestic.
The Office of Immigration and Human Resources Services (IHRS) facilitates nonimmigrant work visa and employer-sponsored immigrant/permanent resident filings, and whether employees are eligible for tax treaty exemption benefits under the Internal Revenue Service.
IHRS offers the following services:
- Coordinate the preparation of non-immigrant work status for our employees, including H-1B, E-3, TN, and O-1 petitions
- Coordinate the preparation of employer-sponsored I-140 filings for employees
- Promote the global exchange of scholarship through the administration of our J-1 program
- Coordinate sponsored permanent residency I-140 filings for employees
- Facilitate international travel and visa issuance to ensure safe and expedient arrival on campus
- Facilitate the maintenance of work authorization through monitoring and coordination with Case Western Reserve University departments and employees
- Troubleshoot documentation issues our international community faces with DHS and DOS (i.e., I-94 and visa errors)
- Provide education on the overall pathway to sponsor an international employee from initial work authorization to lawful permanent resident status
Email email@example.com for more information or to get started.