CWRU is pleased to offer IMPACT Solutions, the university's Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program. IMPACT Solutions provides free, confidential counseling and referrals to benefits-eligible faculty and staff, as well as their family members and household members.
The program covers a wide spectrum of personal and work related challenges and daily living matters—from stress/family issues to depression, anxiety, substance abuse, legal and financial pressures, child and elder-care needs, and other commonly experienced concerns.
Professional phone support is available around the clock on an unlimited basis for you and your family members. Just call 1-800-227-6007. Your call will be immediately answered by a qualified masters/doctoral level mental health professional 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. IMPACT Solutions has 835 providers in Cuyahoga County and 3,907 in the surrounding counties.
Face-to-face counseling is also available, with up to five free sessions included per problem occurrence.
IMPACT Solutions area of expertise include:
- Personal Issues
- Marital matters
- Divorce adjustment and options
- Retirement Coaching
- Chemical dependency and abuse
- Parenting issues
- Work-related stress
- Legal and financial questions
- Nutrition and Fitness
- and more
Additional features of IMPACT Solutions and benefits to employees include:
- A web-based portal with articles, resources and interactive features.
- Legal, financial and identity theft assistance
- Child care and elder care resources
- Referrals to community resources
- and more
- Go to myimpactsolution.com
- On the top right, click “Member Portal & App”.
- On the right side, click “Sign Up” to create a new account with the company code.
- Enter CWRU’s company code (cwrueap) and click “Next”.
- Enter your CWRU email address and click “Next”.
- Create a username. It is not the same as your email address, however, for ease you may want to use your network ID (abc123) as your username. Then, click “Submit”.
- Check your email for a message from email@example.com. Enter the 5-character code from the email in the box. Then, click “Verify Your Code”.
- Create a password. Password must be at least 8 characters and can be any combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Enter your password again in the “Repeat Password” field and click “Submit”.
- You will be directed to a Log In page. Log in using your username and password.
Contacting Impact Solutions
Register IMPACT Solutions webinars by accessing the IMPACT Solutions website.
Please note that this service covers CWRU benefits-eligible faculty and staff, spouses/partners, household members, dependents living in and away from home, parents and parents-in-law.
During this unprecedented time of fear and anxiety over COVD-19, IMPACT Solutions offers this helpful handout for easy access to programs and services.
View Daron Larson's webinar Calm Is Contagious. (Mindfulness Strategies for Responding to COVID 19.)
Please see the family mindfulness activity sheet, Calm is Contagious, for ideas to help cope during this stressful time.
Visit the IMPACT Solutions tip sheet on dealing with relationship conflict during COVID-19 closures.
IMPACT Solutions offers a Financial Resources tip sheet to help protect your financial health during COVID-19.
IMPACT Solutions' COVID-19 Resource Center is located on the web-based portal. Use member login: CWRU.
Find strategies to help you thrive emotionally and physically.