To help you better manage your work life balance, please see the child care options available to you below. Benefits-eligible faculty and staff - as well as all students - are able to participate in temporary and back-up child care and child care support during travel.
KinderCare - Child Care Support
Case Western Reserve University has partnered with KinderCare so that you can enjoy 10 percent tuition savings with the largest network of early childhood education programs in the United States. All your choices include a proven curriculum, hands-on learning, trained teachers and convenient locations. Learn more about what KinderCare can offer you!
There are more than 2,000 full-time and before- and after-school childcare locations across the country. The tuition savings are available at participating CCLC locations including the Cleveland Children’s Academy, KinderCare® Learning Centers and Champions® Before- and After-School Programs.
Receive 10 percent tuition savings towards standard, weekly tuition rates for Case Western Reserve employees. The tuition savings are available for children of all ages and can be applied at KinderCare and Champions.
Tuition rates and operating hours vary by center. Contact the center directly for specific program information, participation status, space availability and tours.
When contacting a childcare center, mention that you are a Case Western Reserve employee and request the Case Western Reserve Tuition Savings.
KinderCare - K through 6 School Year Support
As Back To School season approaches, it may look a little different and KinderCare Education is prepared to help! KinderCare has expanded their School Age Programs to help working parents and their children.
Every family is doing their best to make school and care decision that work for their family. KinderCare offers programs that provide the school support needed for distance learning schedules and additional enrichment activities:
- Navigating daily school schedules & assigned distance learning
- Creating small, consistent group sizes with dedicated staff,
- Providing safe, nurturing environments for your child to benefit fro daily peer interactions
- Designing Fun and engaging supplemental curriculum during after-school hours
- Preparing professionally made meals, daily!
IMPACT Solutions offers a service that can ease the frustration of finding temporary and back-up care. It provides personalized assistance locating child care services as well as online access to a comprehensive database of qualified child care providers.
To use the Child Care Service, simply call 1.800.227.6007.
To conduct your own search for childcare, visit us on the web at MyImpactSolution.com.
- Click on the orange "Go to member login" box.
- In the MEMBER LOGIN box, enter the username. If you don't remember the username (Member Login as listed on CWRU IMPACT Solutions brochure), please call 1.800.227.6007, and they will provide it.
- Click the "SIGN IN" box.
- Scroll down and click on the "Locators" box.
- Select from the list of resources.
Child Care Support During Travel
Child care can become particularly challenging when a parent must take a trip for work or study—for example, a conference, a research opportunity, or out-of-town meeting. Inspired by a successful model operated through the ACES program, the President's committee recommended launching a campus-wide initiative. As a result, the university has established a fund to support additional costs of care.
These resources can support care for a child who travels to the event or for the child at home while the adult travels.
- Faculty with the rank of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Senior Instructor, Instructor and Lecturer (faculty members who hold adjunct appointments, clinical appointments and visiting appointments are not eligible) and have an appointment or reappointment letter specifying a salary paid through the university that is 50% or more of a full-time equivalent salary.
- Staff who are regular employees and work at least a half-time or greater schedule.
- Graduate and Undergraduate students taking classes during the semester in which child care support for travel is sought.
- Reimbursement is available only for dependent care expenses incurred when traveling to attend professional meetings, conferences, workshops and professional development opportunities.
- Only expenses incurred for an “eligible dependent” are reimbursable. An eligible dependent follows Internal Revenue Service definitions. In general, an eligible dependent must be under age 13.
- Child care expenses incurred during domestic travel may be reimbursed up to $100 per day and expenses incurred during international travel may be reimbursed up to $150 per day. A person is limited to reimbursements totaling $1,000 per fiscal year.
- An application form may be submitted when the need for child care during professional travel is known.
- The reason for travel must be substantiated and authorized by:
- Department Chair for faculty members
- Supervisor for staff employees
- Faculty Advisor for students
- An application form must be submitted for each trip that results in incremental childcare costs.
- Per day cost of child care should be listed or documentation of expense for child to travel with parent must be provided.
- Reimbursement will occur after the application form and appropriate expense and travel documentation are reviewed and approved by Benefits Administration.
Who is eligible to receive this benefit?
All students and benefits-eligible faculty and staff may participate in this program.
How do I apply for the benefit?
An application form should be submitted when the need for child care during professional travel is known. The professional/business purpose of the travel must be substantiated, including appropriate authorization from a Department Chair for faculty members, Supervisor for staff employees or Faculty Advisor for students.
Please include in the application the anticipated schedule of care.
What is the amount of benefit I can receive?
The actual cost of child care will be reimbursed up to $100 per day during domestic travel and up to $150 per day during international travel. The maximum cumulative benefit is $1,000 per person. Please note that the reimbursement is a taxable benefit.
When will I receive my reimbursement for child care expenses?
The reimbursement payment will be made after the professional travel is completed. Appropriate documentation of the child care expenses and of the travel must be submitted in order to receive reimbursement.