Our broad-based curriculum focuses on the professional development needs of Case Western Reserve University staff and faculty. These courses and learning opportunities include in person trainings, live webinars, and on-demand trainings focused on providing guidance and structure to individual contributors and supervisors.
Our offerings curriculum includes:
New Supervisor Program
The New Supervisor Training Program is a year-long program designed for supervisors who are new to their role – either recently promoted or newly hired supervisors – who have no prior supervisory experience.
- “My team is storming: now what?” (Friday, July 9th at 12pm)
- Conflict Management (Thursday, July 22nd at 1pm)
- Managing Performance: Feedback (Friday, August 13th at 12pm)
- Time Management: Meetings (Friday, September 10th at 12pm)
- Motivating Employees (Thursday, September 23rd at 12pm)
- Stress Management (Friday, October 1st at 1pm)
- HR Policies: Termination (Friday, October 8th at 12pm)
- Time Management: Priorities (Thursday, October 28th at 12pm)
- Managing Performance: Coaching (Friday, November 12th at 12pm)
- Managing Performance: Annual Evaluations (Thursday, November 18th at 12pm)
- Stress Management ( Friday, December 10th at 1pm - second offering - same content as 8/24)
- HR Policies: Hiring and Interviewing (Thursday, December 16th at 1 pm)
- Onboarding New Employees
More information about each session or registering for the current New Supervisor Training is found here. (Please note: due to COVID-19, the New Supervisor Program is currently virtual webinars, not in person.)
Advanced Supervisor Program
The Advanced Supervisor Program is a program for current supervisors to refresh on CWRU policies and common issues. The information is more advanced than the information provided in the New Supervisor Training Program.
More information coming soon!
Additional Supervisory Trainings
These webinars and classes are open to all staff, whether current supervisors or those aspiring to supervise one day.
- Motivating and Coaching Employees
- Wednesday, September 8th at 12 pm - click here to register
- Friday, September 24th at 11 am - click here to register
- Wednesday, October 6th at 12 pm - click here to register
- Friday, October 22nd at 11 am - click here to register
- Wednesday, November 3rd at 12 pm - click here to register
- Friday, November 19th at 11 am - click here to register
- Part 1: Performance Feedback and Evaluation
- Tuesday, September 14th at 12 pm - click here to register
- Thursday, September 30th at 1 pm - click here to register
- Tuesday, October 12th at 12 pm - click here to register
- Friday, October 29th at 1 pm - click here to register
- Tuesday, November 9th at 12 pm - click here to register
- Tuesday, November 23rd at 1 pm - click here to register
(Please note: due to COVID-19, the trainings are currently virtual webinars, not in person. More dates will be available for December.)
All Employee Training
These webinars and classes are open to all employees who want to develop new skills, refine current skills, and overall personal development.
More information coming soon!
Being part of a world-renowned higher education, faculty and staff have access to countless other training opportunities.
Case Western Reserve University has partnered with Academic Impressions, an organization specializing in professional development resources for higher education faculty, staff and administrators. Many Academic Impressions options are free to CWRU employees once they have an account! Topic areas include skills-based training for professionals in all areas, as well as leadership trainings on supervision, personal effectiveness, diversity, equity, inclusion and more
See here for more information.
CWRU faculty and staff have access to live and on demand webinars monthly from IMPACT Solutions, plus unlimited free access to webinars. See here for more information.
CWRU faculty and staff have unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning, a leading video-based training provider that offers thousands of training courses and learning paths focused on both hard and soft skills. See here for more information.