FPB Leaders Scholarship Committee
- Charlene Douglas, PhD, MPH, RN, (WRC'75, NUR'75), Co-Chair
- May L. Wykle , PhD, RN, FAAN, FGSA, (NUR'62, '69; GRS'81), Co-Chair
- Linda Burnes Bolton, DrPH, RN, FAAN (NUR'11H)
- Faye A. Gary, EdD, MS, RN, FAAN
- Dedra D. Hanna-Adams, MA, MPA
- Catherine Roscoe-Herbert, DNP, RN, GNP-BC, CNS, FGNLA (NUR'94; GRS'06)
- Ronald L. Hickman, Jr., PhD, RN, ACNP-BC, FAAN (CWR'00; NUR'02, '06, '13; GRS'08)
- Gloria L. Hilton, DNP, RN, CCE (NUR'88, '06)
- Betty Carolyn Holte, DNP, RN (NUR'08)
- Elizabeth Madigan, PhD, RN, FAAN (GRS'96)
- Patricia E. McDonald, PhD, RN (GRS'95)
- Sonya D. Moore, DNP, CRNA (NUR'16)
- Diana L. Morris, PhD, RN, FAAN, FGSA (NUR'86; GRS'91)
- Camille Beckette Warner, PhD (GRS '97, '02)
- Eric J. Williams, DNP, RN, CNE (NUR'07)
Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing Leaders Scholarship Fund
Help us ensure a workforce that mirrors society at large with professionals who are prepared to serve a diverse population.
A recent National Academy of Medicine report indicates an urgent need for the nursing profession to address workforce diversity deficits in an effort to eliminate health disparities among racial minorities and marginalized populations.
As healthcare continues to move toward an inter-professional team approach, there is an increased need for nurse leaders to advance nursing research, practice and advocacy. However, there is a lack of diversity among nursing leadership. According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, nursing faculty and nursing executives are among the least diverse groups. FPB is committed to developing the next generation of nurse leaders who will better understand and reflect the patients and communities they serve and act as beacons for cross-cultural understanding.
The FPB Leaders Scholarship Fund, hopes to bridge the gap and help eliminate the barriers to a graduate nursing education. The FPB Leaders Scholarship Fund will provide:
- Tuition to support qualified students
- Mentorship to ensure academic and professional success
- Leadership development to scholarship recipients
Recipients of the FPB Leaders Scholarship will obtain the formal education and professional coaching necessary to prepare them to serve as nurse leaders in their field of specialization. Please join co-chairs of the committee, Charlene Douglas and May Wykle, in supporting this critical area.