Partner and Head of Russian Competition and Compliance, Dentons
For over 20 years, Marat has advised clients on Russian antimonopoly regulation, advertising, trade, state procurement,
antimonopoly compliance matters and strategic investments law. In particular, he represents clients in antimonopoly investigations and disputes against the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia (FAS) relating to abuse of dominance, anti-competitive agreements, unfair competition practices and other violations. He also advises clients on product distribution structures and commercial contracts. He develops internal antimonopoly compliance systems and various external policies and procedures relating primarily to relationships with business partners.
Marat regularly conducts internal audits and investigations for his clients aimed at revealing, assessing and curing antimonopoly risks. His experience covers a broad range of industry sectors, including pharmaceuticals, medical products and equipment, automotive, fand entertainment, transportation, technological products, consumer products and retail.
Marat graduated from St. Petersburg State University Law School and also completed post-graduate studies there. He completed a one-year legal studies program at the School of Law of Case Western Reserve University (USA). Before joining Dentons (formerly Salans) in 2012, Maratworked at Baker& McKenzie and managed his own law firm.
In addition to being a native speaker of Russian, Marat is fluent in English.
- Chambers Europe, 2013–2020: Leading lawyer in competition/antitrust in Russia (Band 1); “Marat Mouradovis a seasoned professional with great expertise."
- Kommersant, 2020: Leading lawyer for compliance in Russia
- The Legal 500, 2013–2020: Leading lawyer in competition in Russia; “Dentons’ competition department is led by ‘competition superstar’ Marat Mouradov.” "Marat Mouradov is a charismatic leader with perfect knowledge of practical solutions and approaches.”
- The Best Lawyers, 2020: “The Lawyer of the Year in Corporate Governance and Compliance in Russia” Award
- The Best Lawyers, 2014–2020: Leading lawyer in competition/antitrust law, corporate governance and compliance, corporate law, M&A, and litigation in Russia
- Global Competition Review 100, 2017–2019: Leading lawyer in competition in Russia
- Who’s Who Legal, 2019: Leading expert in competition in Russia
- Pravo.ru-300, 2019: Leading lawyer in competition and compliance in Russia