Studying abroad provides a life-changing opportunity for CWRU students, impacting them personally, professionally and of course, academically. When students return home from their program, they are often eager to share their experience with their peers. Here is a collection of study abroad students' stories and perspectives.
Our Global Perspectives feature interviews with CWRU students who have returned from studying abroad and answer questions about how they chose their program, what it was like to live and learn in another country and how the experience has changed their worldview. Check them out here.
Study Abroad Blogs/Videos
Some of our students share their study abroad experience as its happening by writing blogs detailing what it's like navigating a new country and culture. Others speak about and record their stories later. The below is a compilation of both:
- Thomas Hotaling - Galápagos Islands (blog)
- Henry Bendon - Trinity College Dublin (blog)
- Tobili Hatcher - Yonsei University (video) Seoul, S. Korea
- Geneva Magsino - "Finding Home Abroad and In Myself" (video) Dakar, Senegal
- Alayna Klco - Ecuador (video) including interviews with Rob Stall, Executive Director of International Operations at the Cleveland Clinic and David Fleshler, Vice Provost for International Affairs at CWRU
Do you have a study abroad story, blog or video to share? Contact Assistant Director of Education Abroad Autumn Beechler Stebing at email@example.com