Holi - Friday, April 1
Faculty and Staff Reception - Monday, April 11
International Achievement Luncheon - Wednesday, April 13
Study Abroad Passport Drive - Thursday, April 14
Student Recognition and Giveaways - Monday - Friday, April 11-15
Center for International Affairs 10 year Celebration!
Join us as we celebration the 10-Year milestone of the Center for International Affairs at Case Western University.
See our full list of 10-year celebration events.
The Center for International Affairs is the first space on campus designed to provide a home for international students and activities, and a central location where the university engages the business, government, foundation, and civic communities around global issues. Founded in 2011, the Center brings together international student services, education abroad, and the university's global strategy initiatives.
In the past 10 years, Case Western Reserve has won the Institute for International Education's prestigious Campus Internationalization Award and received the Generation Study Abroad's Seal of Excellence in recognition of our internationalization efforts.
Top Ten Internationalization Accomplishments in the Last Ten Years
- Doubled the number of international students at CWRU, providing immigration support, but more importantly providing international students with a supportive home away from home
- Created an international student advocacy program to help international students adjust and thrive at Case Western Reserve
- Established the Cultural Celebration Series to help bring the world to Case Western Reserve recognizing major holidays abroad
- Increased the percentage of undergraduate students studying abroad by 50%
- Worked with faculty and departments to develop curriculum mapping for education abroad so that every student could find a study abroad program that worked with their program of study
- Created the infrastructure and procedures to help faculty, staff, and students in times of crisis while they are abroad
- Secured more than $1M in funding to support international endeavors, specifically to support study abroad scholarship, to assist international students in staying and thriving in Cleveland, and in developing research relationships abroad
- Created opportunities for research and engagement around the world, helping to secure funding for international collaborations in locations such as Taiwan, Brazil, Israel, China, and South Africa
- Developed a faculty grant program for international research and teaching
- Designed the International Rankings initiative, helping Case Western Reserve become ranked as an elite global institution
2022 Holi Celebration
On Friday, April 1, 2022, the Center for International Affairs will resume Case Western Reserve's tradition of celebrating Holi with our annual event featuring lots of colored powder, Indian street food, water games and other traditions associated with Holi! Members of the community planning to attend should be aware that CWRU students will be prioritized in color throws and at the food tables. Registration via CampusGroups will provide further event details.
Faculty and Staff Reception
The Center for International Affairs is hosing a reception open to all faculty and staff on Monday, April 11, from 4:00-6:00pm. Hors d'oeuvres and drinks will be served as we celebrate 10 years of campus partnerships. Registration via CampusGroups is requested.
International Achievement Luncheon
The International Achievement Luncheon celebrates the accomplishments of Case Western Reserve University's students, faculty and staff in contributing to the university's internationalization.
Study Abroad Passport Drive
On Thursday, April 14 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm, students, faculty, and staff can stop by the Tomlinson Hall, room 135, to get free passport and visa photos. No registration necessary.
Student Recognition and Giveaways
Students are invited to visit Tomlinson Hall, Monday - Friday from 10:00am - 12:00 pm to receive free 10-year celebration giveaways. Stop by to pick up t-shirts, passport holders, and other gifts while supplies last.