Helping Make CWRU Your Home
As an international student new to Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland, we want to ensure you have a quality educational experience—and that our campus community learns and benefits from you and your cultural experiences as well.
We Can Help
We can assist you with:
- Immigration matters
- Intercultural exchange opportunities
- Leadership resources and programs
- Understanding the social and academic culture at CWRU and in the U.S.
The mission of the Office of International Student Services (ISS) is to enhance the international student experience and promote intercultural exchange at CWRU. This office also works closely with other administrative and academic departments with the following objectives in mind:
- Provide excellent service to the international students, admissions offices, and academic departments of CWRU.
- Protect the interests of CWRU and its international students by remaining knowledgeable about immigration issues and advising students and University personnel according to regulations.
- Assisting international students in achieving their academic objectives.
- Assist CWRU international students with all non-academic concerns. Although primarily involved with immigration policies and procedures, ISS also assists international students with housing issues, personal problems, and financial and legal matters.
- Advocate on behalf of international students and provide programs that help them adjust to a new university, community, country, and culture.
- Provide and encourage other University departments to offer programs and activities that promote intercultural exchange and enrich the CWRU campus community.
- Providing international students with specialized services, such as leadership training, designed to assist them in contributing to the international dimension of our campus.
- OPT Online Training
- Request an OPT STEM Extension
- Updating OPT Information (Employment-related and personal contact information)
- Updating STEM OPT Information (personal contact information only)
- Updating STEM OPT Information (related to employment information / material changes only)
- Reporting a Change in Visa Status for Students on OPT: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org about your change and we'll be glad to assist you.