Case Western Reserve University is grateful to be partnering with Xi’an Jiaotong University in China to provide an on-campus living experience for students living in China during the 2020-2021 academic year.
This partnership allows Case Western Reserve students who are Chinese nationals to live together on Xi’an Jiaotong University's new QuJiang (iHarbor) campus together and form a Case Western Reserve community as they take their courses remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Case Western Reserve is excited to have this opportunity available to our international students during this challenging time.
This page provides resources for our students living at Xi’an Jiaotong University. Anyone with questions can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2021 Information
Students will pay tuition to CWRU as they will continue to take a full load of CWRU courses remotely. Students should already be registering for CWRU courses.
Students will pay costs (13,400 RMB) directly to XJTU. This amount does not include meals or other amenities. Meal plans are available for purchase directly from XJTU.
Students will take CWRU classes remotely, and should be registered for a full course load. They also may have access to classrooms where they can take classes virtually together.
Students will not be taking XJTU courses. They will, however, have access to the library, cafeteria, open programs and certain other XJTU facilities.
In addition to being CWRU students, students will officially become visiting XJTU students.
Once students arrive at XJTU, they may apply at the one-stop service center for an ID Card for Visiting Students. The ID Card will allow students to scan for food or any other purchases across the campus.
The move-in dates for the Spring 2021 Semester at XJTU are February 27 and 28, 2021.
The latest move-out date for the Spring 2021 semester at XJTU is July 30, 2021.
*XJTU is on winter vacation from January 25, 2021 to February 26, 2021 to celebrate Lunar New Year.
The CWRU Spring 2021 semester begins on February 1, 2021. CWRU students participating in the XJTU program will begin their classes remotely away from the XJTU campus and will move-in in late February.
While the CWRU Spring 2021 semester final exams end on May 19, 2021, students are welcome to stay on the XJTU campus until July 30, 2021.
As a Case Western Reserve University international student, the Office of International Student Services (ISS) wants to ensure you have a quality educational experience—and that our campus community learns and benefits from you and your cultural experiences.
We can assist you with:
- Immigration matters
- Intercultural exchange opportunities
- Connecting to CWRU resources
- Understanding the social and academic culture at CWRU and in the U.S.
ISS is now offering virtual advising hours only and appointments by Zoom or phone in light of the university’s plans to protect the health and well-being of the campus community against COVID-19.
Virtual advising is available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, from 11 am to 3 pm. An ISS advisor will be available to answer your question using the chatbox here.
Virtual appointment requests should be emailed to email@example.com and include a brief description of what you would like to discuss. A staff member will respond by email to schedule the appointment and you will have the option to meet via Zoom or phone. Please note: we generally require 24 hours notice and do not schedule same-day appointments. This is so we can be best prepared to help you.
Important News & Information
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter December 1, 2020 - Good Luck On Your Finals!
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter November 17, 2020 - Important Information for the End of Fall Semester
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter November 3, 2020 - Join CWRU's Celebration of International Education Week
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter October 19, 2020 - Learn about Career Resources Available!
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter October 6, 2020 - Meet Your New CWRU Contact!
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter September 29, 2020 - Cleveland's Mayor Welcomes You!
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter September 22, 2020 - Tell Us How You're Doing!
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter September 15, 2020 - Fill Out Our Survey & Get a Tee Shirt!
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter September 8, 2020 - Make Sure You're Registered Full-Time!
- CWRU at XJTU Newsletter September 1, 2020 - Welcome!