Hundreds of Case Western Reserve University School of Law alumni list international or comparative law as their field of practice.
Making their homes in more than 50 countries around the globe, many work at foreign law firms, overseas branches of U.S. law firms, and multinational corporations.
Several work in the U.S. Department of State, the Agency for International Development, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, the Department of Defense, the Judge Advocate General Corps, the Customs Service, the International Trade Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Others work for the U.N., International Criminal Tribunals, the World Bank, and other international organizations.
School of Law alumni also include international law professors at the U.S. Air Force Academy, the University of Idaho, University of Utah, and Pepperdine University law schools.
Our prominent international law alumni include:
- Chelan Bliss, Vice Consul, U.S. Department of State
- Mohamed Ibn Chambas, United Nations Special Representative to Darfur
- Heather Doherty, Attorney, U.S. Department of Commerce's Office of the Chief Counsel for Trade Enforcement and Compliance
- Janet R. Donovan, the first woman to be appointed Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Navy Reserve at the rank of Rear Admiral
- Austin Fragomen, founder of the nation's largest immigration firm
- Capricia Penavic Marshall, former Chief of Protocol for President Obama
- Swithin Munyantwali, Founder, International Law Institute in Uganda
- David O'Brien, Senate Legal Counsel of Palau
- Kathleen O'Malley, Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Nathan Quick, Legal Officer, International Criminal Court
- Christopher Rassi, Senior Legal Officer at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Geneva
- John F. Sopko, Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction
- Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO of EY (formerly Ernst & Young)
Are you an international law alum with a great story to share? We'd love to hear from you. Keep in touch by emailing us at email@example.com.