All law schools offer externships. We do, too. But we give you the opportunity to practice law in the summer, during the academic year or for a full semester in the U.S. or around the world, preparing you to start your career with confidence. Our externships include work for judges, agencies and offices in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Our international opportunities are vast. More of our students have interned at the international criminal tribunals than any other law school. In addition to our judicial-externship program, examples of our externships include:
- Access to Justice/Legal Aid
- Attorney General/Ohio
- Cleveland Clinic, MetroHealth Medical Center, Summa Health System and University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Corporate Counsel/Eaton Corporation, Parker Hannifin
- Federal Public Defender
- Federal Trade Commission
- International Criminal Court, The Hague
- Internal Revenue Service
- Local Public Defender and Prosecutors' Offices
- U.S. Attorney’s Office
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Department of Labor
The School of Law thanks the 2020-21 externship sites. Read the full list here.