In order to be eligible for Domestic Partner benefits, the employee must complete an "Affidavit of Domestic Partnership," and provide "Documentation of Domestic Partnership" which must include:
- An Acknowledgement of Domestic Partnership Agreement, which acknowledges that an agreement exists between myself and my domestic partner that creates personal and financial liability and responsibility for each other's welfare, financial obligations, and basic living expenses, including food, shelter, and health care expenses.
- AND any two (2) of the following as verification of the domestic partnership's joint responsibility for each other's welfare, shared financial obligations and basic living expenses.
- Joint deed, joint mortgage agreement, or joint lease
- Designation of the domestic partner as primary beneficiary for a life insurance contract or retirement account
- Designation of domestic partner as primary beneficiary of will
- Durable power of attorney for health care or financial management designating domestic partner as power of attorney
- Joint ownership of a motor vehicle
- Joint checking account
- Joint credit account
- Co-parenting or adoption agreement
For further statements of eligibilty and rules download the Affidavit of Domestic Partnership/Acknowledgment of Domestic Partnership [PDF].
Other benefit forms can be downloaded at http://www.case.edu/finadmin/humres/policies/forms.html