Kelvin Smith Library’s Digital Learning and Scholarship Team recently completed an evaluation of the services of the Freedman Center for Digital Scholarship in light of the team’s mission to partner with faculty and students to advance the application of digital scholarship at Case Western Reserve University. As a result, the team will significantly expand its offerings in many areas, and discontinue services that are no longer part of the Center’s core mission. As of August 16, 2019, the Freedman Center will redirect all poster and printing requests to the FedEx Kiosk, the university’s official print contractor located in Thwing Center’s Atrium, and the last day for print requests for the Freedman Center will be August 14, 2019.
In redirecting poster printing to FedEx, this will enable the Digital Learning & Scholarship Team to better focus their expertise and efforts on strengthening the Center as a partnership-driven destination for creativity, discovery, and experimental scholarship. In particular, the team members will expand their roles as experts and collaborators to provide:
• customized project consultations for faculty and students who are interested in embarking on digital scholarship projects;
• educational sessions, such as workshops and classes, on the use of digital scholarship-related tools and pedagogy, including making available customized workshops on request for academic departments;
• support of faculty, staff, and researchers through the Freedman Fellows Program;
• support of students through the Freedman Student Fellows Program;
• special events to highlight new development in digital scholarship that can equip researchers with knowledge of important trends;
• access to multimedia, digitization, and other specialized hardware and software that includes the one-touch video recording studio, the new student interview room, video editing workstations, analog to digital conversion equipment, and group collaboration space with MS Surface Hubs; and
• highly trained student assistants (available day and evening) in the Freedman Center to assist you and get you started on your project.
The Digital Learning & Scholarship Team that manages the Freedman Center for Digital Scholarship looks forward to working with our students, faculty and staff as we begin a new academic year! For all questions about the Freedman Center and the Digital Learning and Scholarship Team, please contact Jen Green, Team Leader, Digital Learning & Scholarship, at 216-368-3756 or email email@example.com.