The Rowfant Club, a bibliophilic society in Cleveland that is one of the oldest in the United States, is sponsoring the second annual competition for book-related projects for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Proposals must relate to bibliophilic endeavors, such as: library or other bibliographic studies; cultural studies related to printed materials; book arts (traditional or innovative); book preservation; digital book scholarship; and the history of the book.
There will be up to one recipient in each of two categories: (1) book arts, and (2) book research and scholarship.
Each recipient will receive a $3,000 award.
All work on the project must be completed by 1 May 2020, and a presentation to the Rowfant Club delivered later that month.
Award, Criteria and Requirements
- Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in an accredited academic institution in northeast Ohio.
- The proposal can be either for an individual or team project; if the latter, all members of the team must be enrolled at a college or university in northeast Ohio.
- The proposed project must generate original work by the applicant and be newly created expressly for this project award.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member is highly recommended.
- Each winner must give a presentation upon the completion of the project.
Selection Criteria. Proposals will be based upon the originality and potential significance of the proposed project to the study or creative representation of the book arts or book scholarship and research.
Application Form. To answer questions or to request an application form, send an email to email@example.com.
Proposal Submissions. Proposals must include: a brief description of the purpose of your proposed project; the anticipate results or outcomes; any challenges you can foresee to completing your project; your resume (including previous and current areas of study); and a list of at least three references. If yours is a team-based project, all team members must provide a brief resume and list of references.
Proposal Application Deadline: 2 December 2019