Discover the best of the tropics on this Costa Rica excursion! From rainforests and rivers to volcanoes and beaches, you’ll experience adventure in a variety of ecosystems and habitats, fun and engaging activities, and the friendly attitude for which the country is famous. We begin in the lush Caribbean lowlands, where pristine forests shelter a great diversity of plant and animal life. Continue to spectacular Arenal Volcano and its nearby hot springs before heading to the Pacific Coast for more action-packed discovery. From night hikes searching for nocturnal species, to zip-lining through canopy forest, and learning about ecosystems and culture, this program is ideal for anyone seeking well-rounded exploration.
- Hike through primary rainforest to spot an array of fauna including sloths, monkeys, iguanas, parrots, toucans, and hummingbirds.
- Swing through canopy forests and over the Sarapiquí River on a zip line tour.
- Paddle through Class I, II, and III rapids on a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure.
- Ride horses, hike and swim at the stunning 200-foot La Fortuna Waterfall.
- View the natural area in the Central Pacific from up high on the Arenal Hanging Bridges.
- Embark on a sea outrigger canoe from Agujas Beach and spend time exploring the area.
ACTIVITY LEVEL: 3 or 4
GROUP SIZE: 15 travelers
CO-SPONSORS: Gettysburg College
PRICE: $2,599 per person, based on double occupancy. Single Supplement: $399
For more information about this trip, please contact:
Sarah Doody at 904.432.3141 or email email@example.com.
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: CWRU’s Luminary Society members may receive additional discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For further information on Luminary Society travel discounts only, please contact The Office of Strategic Giving or 216.368.4460.