During this 14-day expedition, traverse the Nile Valley like past explorers and discover ancient treasures including the Great Sphinx, the Temple of Horus, and the tombs of El Kab. Accompanied by expert Egyptologists, you will gain in-depth knowledge of Egypt and its antiquities.
- Enjoy two full days exploring Cairo, visiting the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, and Khan El-Khalili bazaar.
- In Luxor, view Karnak Temple—one of the largest religious buildings in the world.
- Travel north beside the Nile to Abydos to marvel at the colorful carvings at Abydos Temple.
- On the west bank of Luxor, visit the Valley of the Kings and Nobles, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, and Colossi of Memnon.
- Embark in Esna aboard a luxury dahabiya for four nights sailing the Nile River.
- Learn about contemporary Egyptian construction while visiting the Aswan High Dam.
- View the temples of Abu Simbel, which were relocated after building the High Dam in the early 1960s.
- 8 nights luxury hotel accommodations plus 4 nights aboard a stately dahabiya;
- 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, and 12 dinners;
- Excursion transportation;
- All gratuities to hotels, drivers, dahabiya staff, porters, and guides;
- Group airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times
TRIP COST: Per person, double occupancy: $5,995
For more information about this trip, please contact:
Sarah Doody at 904.432.3141 or email email@example.com.
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: Those who have participated in Planned Giving with CWRU are eligible to receive discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For more information about the Luminary Society, contact Amanda Pinney, JD, Executive Director of Strategic Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 216.368.6958.