Join CWRU on the exceptional, custom-designed and comprehensive journey encompassing the breadth of China from the Himalayan “Rooftop of the World” with three nights in Tibet's spectacular and seldom-visited city of Lhasa, through the dramatic gorges of the Yangtze River and to the historic neighborhoods of Old Shanghai.
Experience the imperial dignity of Mandarin Beijing, the dynastic treasures of historic Xi'an and the Tibetan Buddhist "Sun City" of Lhasa with its architectural masterpiece, the Potala Palace, a symbol of peace and the historic home of the Dalai Lama. We will visit six UNESCO World Heritage sites during specially arranged included excursions accompanied by experienced, knowledgeable, English-speaking guides. Enjoy meeting the fascinating people of China and the friendly people of Tibet, who will welcome you to their modern-day earthly paradise-a true Shangri-La that is newly opening up to Western travelers. You're sure to gain an in-depth appreciation of the juxtaposition of ancient culture with modern advancements.
- Excursion to the magnificent Great Wall of China, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Walking tour of the mysterious Forbidden City, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and a visit to Tiananmen Square.
- Visit to the towering Summer Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site, including a small boat cruise around Kunming Lake, part of the palace gardens.
- Excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage-designated l5th -century Temple of Heaven.
- Visit to the Yangling Imperial Tombs, a unique discovery.
- Excursion to the vast complex of the legendary Xi'an Terra Cotta Warriors, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Tour of old Xi'an, including the city's inner walls, and the ancient Huimin quarter.
- Visits to the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace and Jokhang Temple (including Barkhor Square).
- Excursion to the l5th -century Sera Monastery and a visit to the serene Canggu Nunnery.
- Excursion to Shibaozhai to see its impressive wooden pagoda.
- Private boat cruise on the Goddess Stream in Wu Gorge.
- Transit and tour of the Three Gorges Dam, the world's largest hydroelectric dam complex.
- Panoramic tours of the famed Bund and Pudong districts in Shanghai.
- Visit to the renowned Shanghai Museum
Cabin Prices from: $4,995 per person, double occupancy, (land/cruise only)
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: Those who have participated in Planned Giving with CWRU are eligible to receive discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For more information about the Luminary Society, contact Charles M. Miller, JD, AEP®, Senior Director of Planned Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 216.368.8640.
Click HERE for more information on the program and the early registration form. Deposit is 100% refundable until January 2019
For more information about this trip, please contact Sarah Doody at 904.432.3141 or email email@example.com.