Each year, gray whales travel thousands of miles from the Arctic Ocean to the warm waters of Baja California’s lagoons to court, mate, give birth, and care for their young. Join us for the best of Baja! Take part in one of the unique natural wonders of the world. Visit the peninsula’s whale sanctuaries for arm’s length encounters with these giant mammals. Plus, you can sample local foods in La Paz, look for birds among the mangroves, and explore the arid peninsula of Baja California, home to over 600 endemic plants including the unique Boojum tree, towering Cardon cactus, and the contorted Elephant tree
- See gray whales up close! Enjoy thrilling opportunities to encounter these gentle giants from a small boat.
- Experience the crystal-clear waters, pristine beach, hidden coves, and tropical marine life of the protected island of Espíritu Santo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Seek out birds among the mangroves, shore, and prickly desert vegetation of the highlands.
- Walk through the scenic desert garden landscapes of gigantic granite boulders, Boojum trees, Cardon cacti and Elephant trees.
- Stroll the charming Malecón boardwalk in La Paz.
ACTIVITY LEVEL: 3 or 4
GROUP SIZE: 10 – 20 guests
CO-SPONSORS: This is CWRU exclusive program
$4,899 per person, based on double occupancy
$750 single supplement