Join your fellow travelers through a stretch of the River Nile called ‘Middle Egypt’, which is identified as the part of the Nile Valley that, while geographically part of Upper Egypt, is culturally closer to Lower Egypt. This luxury cruise on the M/S Darakum will begin in Cairo stopping along the important sites of the Middle Kingdom eventually ending in Aswan. Spanning 7,000 years of history, guests will experience the heartbeat of this desert region delving deep into the history of the ancient Egyptian kingdoms and various dynasties.
• Explore Cairo, including medieval quarters, the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, and the Citadel.
• In Fayoum, view the Hawar and Maydom pyramids that outdate the famous pyramids of Giza.
• Learn about the history and dynasties of the Middle Kingdom that lie between Minya and Qena.
• In Luxor, view Karnak Temple—one of the largest religious buildings in the world.
• Learn about the engineering feat to build the Aswan High Dam.
• View the temples of Abu Simbel, which were relocated afterbuilding the High Dam in the early 1960s
• Land and cruise accommodations. Cruise accommodations will be in a standard cabin (20 square meters).
• Domestic group flight (economy): Aswan – Abu Simbel & Aswan – Cairo.
• 15x breakfasts, 14x Lunches, 15x dinners.
• All airport meet/ greet and transfers.
• Port fees.
• Dedicated full time expert Egyptologist Guide/ Tour Leader.
• All monument and museum entry fees.
• Gratuities to guide and shore-excursion coach drivers (*cruise crew to be tipped directly by guests at the end of the cruise.)
$7,999 per person (double occupancy)
Single Room Supplement: $2,299
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: CWRU’s Luminary Society members may receive additional discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For further information on Luminary Society travel discounts only, please contact The Office of Strategic Giving or 216.368.4460.