On this exciting journey we study the history of Morocco: from the Berber dynasty to modern day Morocco, and gain insight into the fascinating history of this remarkable country. Explore the old medina, beginning at the 14th-century Ben Youssef Medrasa, noted for its lattice-work and interior décor. Stroll through the winding souks, passing merchants selling textiles, leather, jewelry and spices, and experience the vast Jemaael-Fnaa square where locals, travelers and traders have gathered for centuries. Continue to Dar El Bacha Palace, which boasts a fine display of woodwork.
- 7 nights in Marrakech at the first-class Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial Hotel
- 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners including a Farewell Dinner
- Thrill to Morocco’s captivating fabric of colors, intricate architecture and African, Arab and European cultures
- Listen to the song of Jemaa el-Fnaa square, home to storytellers, musicians and snake charmers
- Marvel at Casablanca’s Hassan II Mosque, an architectural wonder
- Explore Rabat’s Islamic ruins, ancient citadel and splendid Hassan Tower
- Visit with a Berber family during an outing to the Atlas Mountains
Trip Cost: $3,795
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: Those who have participated in Planned Giving with CWRU are eligible to receive discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For more information about the Luminary Society, contact Charles M. Miller, JD, AEP®, Senior Director of Planned Giving at email@example.com or via phone at 216.368.8640.
For more information about this trip, please contact Sarah Doody at 904.432.3141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.