Spain’s proud history and architectural legacy embrace Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Moors, and the Catholic Kings of Spain’s “Golden Age.” This spring, join CWRU for a journey into the heart and soul of Southern Spain – Andalucía! We begin in Madrid, the capital, and then head south to Toledo, Cordoba, and Granada. The ethereal beauty of the Alhambra, the gorgeous gardens of the Generalife, and the old city known as the Albaicin, make Granada one of the most historic cities in Europe. We continue to Seville, across Andalucía, through wonderfully romantic white-washed villages.
• 8 nights’ accommodation in first-class hotels including all hotel taxes and service charges.
• Breakfast daily, 4 dinners
• Airport Transfers
• Tour Director and local guides throughout
• Excursion to El Escorial, the massive palace built for Philip II, the Valley of the Fallen, a monument to those who died in the Spanish Civil War and to the elegant city of Segovia with its famous Roman aqueduct.
• Journey to Toledo to see the cathedral, the church of Santo Tome to view El Greco’s The Burial of the Count of Orgaz, and the Synagogue del Transito.
• Explore Cordoba and its extraordinary Mezquita, a Muslim mosque with a Christian cathedral in its center and the old Jewish quarter and its synagogue.
• Visit Granada’s exquisite Alhambra with its magical fortress-palace with Moorish culture and architecture. We’ll also tour the gardens of the nearby Palace of the Generalife.
• Explore Seville with its Tower of Gold and its famous Plaza de Espana.
ACTIVITY LEVEL: 3
GROUP SIZE: 24 guests
CO-SPONSORS: This is CWRU exclusive program
PRICE: $3,799, land only, based on double occupancy. Single supplement: $ 920.
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: Those who have participated in Planned Giving with CWRU are eligible to receive discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For more information about the Luminary Society, contact Charles M. Miller, JD, AEP®, Senior Director of Planned Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 216.368.8640.
For more information about this trip, please contact Sarah Doody at 904.432.3141.