Join CWRU as we travel through Sudan, the land of the Nubian Pharaohs. The trip route will follow the Nile River, the heartbeat of this arid region delving deep into the history of the ancient Nubian kingdoms that were once part of a thriving trade route for centuries influencing the religion, language, and culture seen today. During this expedition, you will visit archaeological sites rarely visited by tourists– pyramids and burial grounds at El-Kurru, Nuri, and Meroe, Old Dongola where Coptic churches once stood, and Kerma which was once the capital of the Kingdom of Kush. Celebrate the arrival of the new year under the starry desert skies with us.
- Explore the Royal Necropolis of Meroe and Nuri.
- Visit the Omdurman souk filled with locally crafted wares.
- Enjoy a cruise on the Nile- the life blood of this desert nation.
- Drive across the expanse of the Bayuda Desert which played a crucial role in the formation of one of the world’s first civilizations.
- Take a tour of the capital city of Khartoum.
- Ring in the new year under the starry desert skies.
- 9 nights of superior or best-available accommodations; 4 nights at rustic tented camps.
- All site and monument entry fees.
- Sudan entry visa on arrival and visa assistance (Note: Currently any passport having a stamp from Israel is prohibited from entering Sudan. This rule is subject to change by the Sudanese Government.)
- All airport meet/greet and transfers.
- 12 breakfasts, 12 lunches (sit down and/or picnic boxes), 10 dinners. Lunches and dinners will include 1 mineral water per meal per guest
- Welcome dinner (Day 2) and Farewell dinner
- (Day 13) plus 2 soft drinks. (Note: Sudan does not allow any alcohol sale/ consumption in accordance with their religious views. No alcohol can be brought into the country.)
- Transport in 4x4 Toyota land cruisers (maximum 3 guests per car).
- All pre-paid gratuity to local guide(s), staff, drivers, hotels.
- Full-time English-speaking tour director and guides.
$8,395 per person, based on double occupancy
$1,600 single supplement