Travel with CWRU to northern Italy’s fabled Lake District. Its extraordinary landscape of glacial waters, Alpine peaks and ancient towns painted in ocher and terra cotta hues, combined with its rich history, make it a fabulous destination.
Your picturesque “home” for a full week for this one-of-a-kind exceptional way to experience the true essence of life in Italy’s beautiful regions of Lombardy and Piedmont is the Palace Hotel in the heart of charming Como, ideally located, lakeside and just steps away from the city’s Gothic-style Duomo. Our carefully designed, expert-guided excursions explore the artistic and architectural treasures commissioned by Roman aristocrats, medieval lords and Renaissance princes, including the fashionable city of Milan and a specially arranged viewing of Leonardo da Vinci’s renowned masterpiece, The Last Supper, in the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Santa Maria delle Grazie. Enriching presentations and the exclusive Village Life Program, featuring local residents, offer personal perspectives on Lombardy’s cultural heritage and contemporary life. You will taste northern Italy’s acclaimed cuisine and wines and learn basic Italian phrases to make your time in Como all the more delightful.
- Comprehensive Italian soggiorno (sojourn) in the fabled region that has inspired renowned writers and artists for centuries—exclusive to Gohagan & Company.
- Seven nights in the charming Palace Hotel in the heart of medieval Como—just steps away from historic monuments, family‑owned negozi (shops) and old‑world ambiance.
- Small group allows for an authentic experience of life in the Italian Lake District in the foothills of the majestic Alps.
- Private boat tours on Lake Como, Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta, an undiscovered gem.
- Enriching lectures by local experts.
- Specially arranged excursions to the stunning 18th-century Villa del Balbianello and gardens and the delightful lake town of Bellagio.
- Full-day excursion to Milan to visit the impressive Duomo, the Teatro alla Scala and the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie, a UNESCO World Heritage site, to see Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper.
- Exclusive excursion to Lake Orta featuring one of the most beautiful villages in Italy and the 16th-century chapels atop the Sacro Monte di Orta, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Exclusive Village Life® Forum featuring local residents
Price: From $4,295 per person based on double occupancy land only; single supplement: $1,000
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: Those who have participated in Planned Giving with CWRU are eligible to receive discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For more information about the Luminary Society, contact Charles M. Miller, JD, AEP®, Senior Director of Planned Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 216.368.8640.
For more information about this trip, please contact Sarah Doody at 904.432.3141 or email email@example.com.