St. Petersburg - Neva River - Lake Onega - Kizhi Island – Goritsy – Yaroslavl – Uglich – Moscow
Aboard Volga Dream
Discover the timeless pageantry and traditional folkways of Russia along the scenic rivers, lakes, and canals that link St. Petersburg with Moscow. Cruise for six nights aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe, 90-passenger Volga Dream during this carefully crafted itinerary. Also, enjoy three nights in a Five-Star hotel in St. Petersburg, tsar Peter the Great’s “Window on the West,” featuring an early entrance guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum, and visits to Catherine Palace in Pushkin and Petrodvorets. Spend one night in the Five-Star MARRIOTT ROYAL AURORA HOTEL in Moscow. Between these two grand cultural capitals, explore the old-world heartland in 10th-century Uglich and medieval Yaroslavl, the 14th-century Kirillo-Belozersky monastery near Goritsy and the open-air museum of Kizhi Island. Enjoy traditional Russian tea and cakes in the home of a Svirstroy villager who will share more about the Russian way of life. This unique program appeals to first-time visitors as well as those returning to see the astounding changes that have taken place in Russia’s two most important cities.
- Ten days in the heart of Russia, following Gohagan & Company’s tradition of small-ship travel.
- Three nights on land in St. Petersburg, the best way to experience Russia’s “Window on the West,” and one night in Moscow, political and commercial capital of the world’s largest country.
- Cruise for six nights aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe Russian river ship VOLGA DREAM.
- See Imperial Russia in comfort aboard the premier ship cruising the scenic rivers, lakes and canals that link St. Petersburg and Moscow.
- Port calls in the seldom-visited Russian gems of Kizhi Island and Yaroslavl, both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Opportunities to experience up to eight of Russia’s UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Specially reserved admittance to the UNESCO World Heritage-designated State Hermitage Museum.
- Absolute best value for a deluxe river cruise in Russia.
- Visit the Kremlin Armory, a UNESCO World Heritage site featuring the world’s largest collection of Imperial Fabergé eggs, on the Moscow Post-Program Option.
ACTIVITY LEVEL: 2 or 3
SHIP: Volga Dream
GROUP SIZE: Ship Accommodates up to 90 guests
PRICE:* Cabin prices start at $5,995 per person, based on double occupancy. Single occupancy cabins start at $12,495.
For more information about this trip, please contact:
Sarah Doody at 904.432.3141 or email email@example.com.
LUMINARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: Those who have participated in Planned Giving with CWRU are eligible to receive discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For more information about the Luminary Society, contact Amanda Pinney, JD, Executive Director of Strategic Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 216.368.6958.