- Baiev, Khassan. The Oath: A Surgeon Under Fire. 2004.
- Behrman, Greg. The Invisible People: How the US Has Slept Through the Global AIDS Pandemic, the Greatest Humanitarian Catastrophe of Our Time. 2004.
- Birn, Anne-Emanuelle; Pillay, Yogan; and Holtz, Timothy H. Textbook of Global Health. 4th edition. 2017.
- Claude, Richard Pierre and Weston, Burns H. Human Rights in the World Community: Issues and Action. 3rd edition. 2006.
- Fadiman, Anne. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and the Collision of Two Cultures. 2012.
- Farmer, Paul. AIDS and Accusation: Haiti and the Geography of Blame. 1993.
- Farmer, Paul. Infections and Inequalities: The Modern Plagues. 2001.
- Farmer, Paul. Pathologies of Power: Health, Human Rights, and the New War on the Poor. 2004.
- Farmer, Paul. The Uses of Haiti. 2005.
- Fort, Meredith; Mercer, Mary Ann; Gish, Oscar; Gloyd, Steve. Sickness and Wealth: The Corporate Assault on Global Health. 2004.
- Kenny, Charles. Getting Better: Why Global Development is Succeeding-And How We Can Improve the World Even More. 2012.
- Kidder, Tracy. Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World. 2009.
- Kristof, Nicholas and WuDunn, Sheryl. A Path Appears: Transforming Lives, Creating Opportunity. 2015.
- O’Neil, Edward. Awakening Hippocrates: A Primer on Health, Poverty, and Global Service. 2006.
- O’Neil, Edward. A Practical Guide to Global Health Service. 2006.
- Rosling, Hans. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World-and Why Things Are Better Than You Think. 2018. (Free PDF available).
- Strada, Gino and Zinn, Howard. Green Parrots: A War Surgeon’s Diary. 2005.
- Troost, J. Maarten. The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific.
- Werner, David; Thurman, Carol; and Maxwell, Jane. Where There is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook. (Also available in Spanish: Donde No Hay Doctor).
- Poverty, Inc. (Netflix, iTunes, Amazon)
- APPD GHLC Resources for GH Educators – Essential Articles, Online Curricula,
- Resources for Trainees
- Simulation Use for Global Away Rotations
- Unite for Sight. Free Webinars.
- World Health Organization. Essential Medicines List
- World Health Organization. Pocket Book of Hospital Care for Children. 2nd edition. 2013. (Available in multiple languages and for free).
- World Health Organization. Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI). Organizations
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section on International Child Health (SOICH)
- American Medical Student Association Global Health Action Committee
- Resources for preparation, funding, academic programs and more resources (organization links, books)
- Global Health Scholars Program - syllabus
- Ethics guide and cases
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH)
Compiled by Dr. Lam, 2019