This episode finally gets us to a medical school out West, in particular, the Pacific Northwest with Dr. Leila Harrison, the Interim Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Admissions, and Recruitment. She has an extensive background in admissions and education which really comes through in our conversation. WSU Elson S. Floyd is a relatively new medical school (2015) which is exciting to hear how they have created a unique mission-based and community-based medical school as the second allopathic medical school in the State of Washington. We conclude our conversation discussing how Holistic Review works in Admissions.
- Washington State University Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
- Class Demographics and Statistics
- What are OSCEs?
- Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships (LIC) - link to the CLIC Consortium for more information.
- WSU ESF Applicant Eligibility Requirements (see Requirements to Receive a Secondary Application section)
- WSU ESF Applicant MCAT/GPA combinations to receive a secondary applications (see Academic Requirements section)
- WSU ESF - What are we looking for? (see Holistic Review section)
- Who is the LCME?
- Holistic Review Explained
- AAMC Minority Student Medical Career Fair, Phoenix, AZ, 11/9/19
- Cleveland Clinic Medical Innovation Summit Top 10 Medical Innovations for 2020 - 10/23/2019
Dr. Harrison's Recommendations
Carol Dweck and Growth Mindset
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Management
- Impostor Syndrome
- Wellness & Coping with Stress (a nice resource found on Purdue’s website)