San Jose, Costa Rica
|BETH 315C/415C: Health and Health Care: A Comparative Perspective: Costa Rica and the United States.||
Fee includes ALL meals
(Winter Break 2019-2020)
|BETH 315D/415D: French Connections, A Cross-Cultural Comparison of Medical Ethics||$2,800 Total (Spring Break 2020)|
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
|BETH 315J/415J: Dutch Perspectives: Drugs, Decriminalization, and Detention||$2,850 Total (Spring Break 2019)|
|BETH 315F/415F: Bioethics Themes as Expressed in Spanish and American Culture: Film, Television, and Literature||$3,050 Total (May 2020)|
Oslo and Bergen, Norway
|BETH 315N/415N: Narrative Medicine: Aging, Mental Illness and Cancer||$3,050 Total (May 2020)|
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
|BETH 315A/415A: Women's Health and Public Health Ethics in The Netherlands||$2,850 Total (May 2020)|
The following items are included in the program fee:
- Non-refundable deposit ($200)
- Hotel lodging for duration of program dates
- breakfast daily
- welcome reception
- field trips
The following items are not included in the program fee, but will need to be paid by participants:
- RT airfare from CLE (unless otherwise noted). Students are encouraged to contact STA travel to book the preferred flight.
- Case Western Reserve University tuition and fees* (non-CWRU students need to pay tuition for course)
- additional meals
- passport application fee
- visa application fees (if applicable)
- pre-departure doctor visits
- pre-departure immunizations (if applicable)
- personal spending money
- reading materials
All payments (with the exception of the deposit) will be billed to the CWRU Account that will be created when you register for the course. The fee will be added when the course is added. If you withdraw from the course, the fee will not drop. The fee is non-refundable per the financial agreement.
The initial deposit of $200 should be paid to the Office of Study Abroad.
|Essential Travel Info|
|International Travel||Find out information on passport, visa and birth certificates.|
|Travel Insurance Select||Travel Insurance Select ® is designed to protect you on your trip.|
|Center For Disease Control||Health warnings from around the world.|
For Students from other Universities
Undergraduate students from universities other than Case Western Reserve should visit the links below to learn more about the study abroad application process.
How can I get help paying for the trip?
If you are a Case Western Reserve University student and receive student loans, you are able to add the cost of the program fee to your student loans. You should contact Nancy Issa (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Financial Aid Office about adjusting your loans. The Department of Bioethics will inform the Financial Aid Office of all students who register for the courses and provide them with a cost breakdown. The maximum amount of the loan will cover all your travel, the program fee, and an additional $500 for meals and spending.
If you are a non-Case Western Reserve University student, please request financial aid from your home university. If your university is unable to award you financial aid, contact Nancy Issa (email@example.com) at the Financial Aid Office at Case Western Reserve University to apply for loans.
For further information about financial aid, see links below:
- Case Western Reserve University Students have received Experiential Learning Fellowships for study abroad courses
- Michigan State University There is a wealth of information and links on Michigan States web site and many other links
- University of Minnesota Learning Abroad Center Scholarships
- International Education Financial Aid
- Institute of International Education
- StudyAbroad.com Sources and Tips on obtaining Financial Aid
Trip Cancellation Insurance
Trip cancellation insurance is a safeguard against unforeseen events, such as family matters, personal illness, world events, etc., which could keep a student from participating in a program.
We highly recommend that students protect their investment in the program by buying trip cancellation insurance. The University does not endorse or promote any specific company or policy. For more information, please contact:
- STA Travel www.statravel.com
- Travel Guard www.travelguard.com
- Travel Insured International 800-243-3174
- Worldwide http://www.hthtravelinsurance.com/trip_protection.cfm