Chris A. Flask, PhD
Associate Professor of Radiology, Secondary Appointments: Biomedical Engineering, and Pediatrics; Scientific Director, Case Center for Imaging Researchcaf@case.edu 216.844.4963 (o)
Case Western Reserve University
Bolwell Bldg, Rm. B115
11100 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106
- Quantitative Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- MRI Physics and Pulse Sequence Design
- Lung imaging: cystic fibrosis
- Kidney imaging: polycystic kidney disease, sickle cell disease, diabetic nephropathy
- Liver imaging: inflammation and fibrosis
- PhD Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2005
- MS Chemical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 1999
- BS Chemical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 1992
- ISMRM Annual Meeting Program Committee, 2011-2014
- Reviewer with Distinction – Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Senior Author – Semi-Finalist for ISMRM Young Investigator Award, 2013
- Chair – CWRU School of Medicine Core Steering Committee
- Associate Faculty Representative: Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Preclinical MR fingerprinting (MRF) at 7 T: effective quantitative imaging for rodent disease models. NMR Biomed. 2015 Mar;28(3):384-94. doi: 10.1002/nbm.3262. Epub 2015 Feb 2. PMID: 25639694
- Lipid elimination with an echo-shifting N/2-ghost acquisition (LEENA) MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2015 Feb;73(2):711-7. doi: 10.1002/mrm.25177. Epub 2014 Mar 17.
- Arterial spin labeling-fast imaging with steady-state free precession (ASL-FISP): a rapid and quantitative perfusion technique for high-field MRI. NMR Biomed. 2014 Aug;27(8):996-1004. doi: 10.1002/nbm.3143. Epub 2014 Jun 3. PMID: 24891124
- Normalized t1 magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of regional lung function in adult cystic fibrosis patients - a cross-sectional study. PLoS One. 2013.
- Diffusion-prepared fast imaging with steady-state free precession (DP-FISP): a rapid diffusion MRI technique at 7 T. Magn Reson Med. 2012.
- Measuring in vivo tumor pHe with CEST-FISP MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2012.
- Use of diffusion tensor MRI to identify early changes in diabetic nephropathy. American Journal of Nephrology 2011.
- Body composition analysis of obesity and hepatic steatosis in mice by relaxation compensated fat fraction (RCFF) MRI. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2012.