Ronald D. Novak, PhD, MPH, MPA
Associate Professor, Radiologyrdn@case.edu 216.844.7519 (o)
Case Western Reserve University
Department of Radiology
11100 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106
- PhD, Occupational and Environmental Public Health, School of Public Health, University of Texas, Health Science Center at Houston, 1989
- MPH, Occupational and Environmental Public Health, School of Public Health, University of Texas, Health Science Center at Houston, 1986
- MPA, Public Administration, James J. Nance, College of Business Administration, Cleveland State University, 1982
- Asbestos Imaging using Dual-Energy Subtraction Radiography
- Utilization of Dual-Energy Subtraction Radiography for coronary artery calcium
- Radiation dose reduction/elimination in diagnostic testing
- Imaging technologies comparative effectiveness research
- Communication issues in radiology
- Inappropriate portable chest X-ray utilization in intensive care
- Effects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) on radiology
- Research climate survey in academic radiology
- Coronary artery imaging
- Cancer imaging
- Digital radiography with dual-energy subtraction: improved evaluation of cardiac calcification. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004 Nov;183(5):1233-8.
- A Comparison of Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) Effectiveness in Pulmonary Nodule Identification Using Different Methods of Bone Suppression in Chest Radiographs. J Digit Imaging. 2013 Aug;26(4):651-6. doi: 10.1007/s10278-012-9565-4.
- Utilization of Dashboard Technology in Academic Radiology Departments: Results of a National Survey. J Am Coll Radiol. Apr;10(4):283-288.
- Impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on Academic Radiology Departments’ Clinical, Research and Education Missions. J Am Coll Radiol. Acad Radiol. 2013 Oct;20(10):1213-7. doi: 10.1016/j.acra.2013.05.014.
- The cost of doing business in academic radiology departments. Radiology Management;35(5):26-37, Sept.-Oct. 2013.