Tarun Podder, PhD, DABR
Associate Professor, Director of Medical Physics Residency Program, Director of Clinical Brachytherapy Program, Depts. of Radiation Oncology and Biomedical Engineeringtarun.email@example.com 216.844.2580 (o)
Case Western Reserve University
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
11100 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
- IGRT, SBRT, NTCP, TCP, adaptive radiation therapy, image-guided 3D brachytherapy
- Image-guided robotic systems for radiation therapy and surgery
- Respiratory and cardiac motion induced motion management for radiation therapy
- Design, development, and control of medical robotic systems and devices
- Soft tissue modeling and image-guided percutaneous intervention
- PhD, Robotics and Automation, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, 2000
- ME, Robotics (Mechanical Engineering), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 1990
- BE, Mechanical Engineering, University of Calcutta, Calcutta, 1988
- Chairman of the AAPM Working Group on Robotic Brachytherapy, 2015-present
- Member of the AAPM Brachytherapy Subcommittee, 2015-present
- Member of the AAPM Task Group 236 on Recommendation for 3D Image-based HDR, 2012-present
- “Robotics in Brachytherapy”, in the book entitled Emerging Technologies in Brachytherapy, edited by William Song, Kari Tanderup, and Bradley Pieters, ISBN 978-1-4987-3652-7, CRC Press, Book Chapter 12, June 2017
- Outcomes and toxicities in patients treated with definitive focal therapy for primary prostate cancer: systematic review. Future Oncology, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 649-663, 2017.
- Radiomics based targeted radiotherapy planning (Rad-TRaP): a computational framework for prostate cancer treatment planning with MRI. Radiation Oncology, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 148-154, 2016.
- Comparison of ray tracing and monte carlo calculation algorithms for thoracic spine lesions treated with CyberKnife-based stereotactic body radiation therapy. Technology in Cancer Research & Treatment, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 196-202, 2016.
- Real-time in vivo dosimetry for SBRT prostate treatment using plastic scintillating dosimeter embedded in a rectal balloon: a case study. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, Vol. 17, No. 6, ISSN 15269914, 2016.
- Control of shape memory alloy actuated flexible needle using multimodal sensory feedbacks. Journal of Automation and Control Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 428-434, 2015.
- X-ray diffraction investigations of shape memory NiTi. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp. 3038-3048, 2015.
- Chest wall and rib irradiation and toxicities of early-stage lung cancer patients treated with CyberKnife stereotactic body radiotherapy. Future Oncology, Vol. 10, No. 15, pp. 2311–2317, 2014.
- AAPM and GEC-ESTRO guidelines for image-guided robotic brachytherapy: Report of Task Group 192. Medical Physics, Vol. 41, No. 10, pp. 101501- 1-27, 2014.