Zhenghong Lee, PhD
Professor, Radiology; Secondary Appointments: Biomedical Engineering, General Medical Sciences (Oncology, Stem Cell)firstname.lastname@example.org 216.844.7920 (o)
Department of Radiology
Case Western Reserve University
University Hospitals Bolwell S107
11100 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106-5056
- Cancer imaging
- Stem cell imaging
- Translational research
- PET/CT imaging
- SPECT/CT imaging
- Optical imaging
My expertise is in molecular imaging with specialty in PET imaging with small molecule radio-tracers. I am also well-versed in quantitative analysis and can contribute to the processing of dynamically acquired PET image data for correlation with histological evaluation. Over the years, I have gained considerable experience in animal imaging using micro-scanners for small animal such as mice and rats, and clinical scanners for mid- and large size animals such as rabbits, woodchucks, canines, and pigs. Cancer imaging is the main research focus of my lab as we have been investigating the mechanisms of tracer uptake in tumors as well as evaluating the potentials for clinical utility of these tracers. My lab has also been developing novel reporter systems to study biology events associated with stem cell-based repair and regeneration in vivo.
- PhD, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1997
- MS, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, 1993
- BS, Zhejiang University, China, 1986
- Teacher of the Year, for teaching residents, Radiological Physics, UHCMC, 2009, 2011, 2013
- Image of the Year, Society of Nuclear Medicine, 2000
- Image of the Month, SNIDD (before merged into Academy of Molecular Imaging), 1999
- Metabolism of Radiolabeled Methionine in Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Molecular Imaging and Biology 2014; 16(1): 44-52. PMID: 23921714
- Imaging Early Stage Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells, J Orthop Res. 2013 Jun;31(6):871-9. PMID:23440976
- α-fetoprotein-Thymidine Kinase-Luciferase Knockin Mice: A Novel Model for Dual Modality Longitudinal Imaging of Tumorigenesis in Liver, Journal of Hepatology,55(1):96-102, 2011. PMID:21354236
- [(Methyl)1-11C]-Acetate Metabolism in Hepatocellular Carcinoma”, Molecular Imaging and Biology, 13:140-151, 2011. PMID: 20401538
- Imaging Lipid Synthesis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma with [Methyl-11C]Choline Correlated with Metabolites Study in vivo, Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 52(1):98-106, 2011. PMID: 21149484
- Emerging Therapeutic Approaches For Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells (MSCs), Current Opinion in Hematology, 17:505-513, 2010. PMID: 20729733
- Imaging of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplant by Bioluminescence and PET, Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 48:2011-2020, 2007. PMID: 18006616
- Quantitative Evaluation of FDG PET Imaging on the Woodchuck Model of Hepatocellular Carcinoma with Histological Correlation, Molecular Imaging and Biology, 9(3):135-43, 2007. PMID: 17308952.
- Multimodal and Three-Dimensional Imaging of Prostate Cancer, Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, Vol. 29, No. 6, p.477-486, 2005. PMID: 15893911.
- Pulmonary distribution and kinetics of inhaled [11C]-triamcinolone acetonide, Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 41, No. 10, p.1603-1611, 2000. PMID: 11037987.