Study Design and Statistical Analysis
To get assistance with your study design and statistical analysis, please contact Hasina Momotaz from the Center of Clinical Investigation (CCI's) Core (WRB 6102C, email (email@example.com). For detailed information and guidelines on services offered please read Statistical Assistance Guidelines 2018.
- Standard poster template that can be adjusted as needed. This template can be used for making posters from your research data to present at Lepow Day or at a research conference.
- Printing at the Freedman Center
There is a small number of funds from the Society Deans that can be used for meeting registration and meeting costs. Please contact your Society Dean to discuss this opportunity and fill out the Student Activity Fund Request form.
IRB Survival Guide
Presentation from UH IRB that discusses the key points that need to be considered when applying for an IRB. All students must be on an approved IRB or apply for an IRB before their research starts.
Submitting an IRB at Case Western Reserve University or University Hospitals
- Register for an iRIS (After March 1, 2018, must use SpartaIRB) account:
you can log into iRIS with your UH username and password or your CWRU user ID and password. If you do not have UH or Case user credentials call 216.844.1529 and an iRIS account will be created for you.
- Fill in the appropriate template:
Social, Behavioral and Educational Protocol Template – HRP-503SBER
Chart Review Data and Specimens Template-HRP-503DATA
Patient interventions (MRIs, CT, X-Rays..) Template HRP-503BIO
How to become an MD Thesis reviewer
Please contact the Medical Student Research Office (MedStudentResearch@case.edu) to express interest. An overview of the process and training are discussed in the attached powerpoint.
Browse these available forms
- Thesis Review Instructions
- Thesis Grading Rubric
- Expectations of Faculty and Students in the Teacher-Learner Relationship Policy
By participating as a mentor, you are providing both critical mentoring as well as research education to our medical students! Please review the Expectations of Medical Students and Research Mentors. Once the research project has been completed you will be asked to complete a Mentor Assessment of Medical Student Research Form.
Education Hours for Core MD Teaching Activities
- Research Block Primary Advisor (up to 75hr)- 75 hours
- Research Block Secondary Advisor- 10% of contact time taken from Primary and given in percentage in time
- Research Block Advisor for students doing research block out of town- 2 hours per student
- MD Thesis reviewer- 2 hours per thesis