Distinguished Alumni/ae Award (MD)
This award is presented in recognition of an outstanding alumnus/a whose work has made a significant mark in the field of medicine and whose efforts have brought about distinction for the CWRU School of Medicine (one or more awards may be made annually).
Distinguished Alumni/ae Award (PhD or MD/PhD)
This award is presented in recognition of an outstanding PhD or MD/PhD alumnus/a whose work has made a significant mark in the medical sciences and whose efforts have brought about distinction for the CWRU School of Medicine (one or more awards may be made annually)
The Clifford J. Vogt, MD, '34 Award
This award is presented to the alumnus/a who best emulates the spirit of Dr. Vogt in unselfish devotion and extraordinary volunteer service to CWRU School of Medicine.
Special Medical Alumni Board Service Award
Presented to individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the field of medicine. This award is not limited to alumni nor is it necessarily given on an annual basis. In 1993, the name of the award was changed from its original title: Trustee Service Award.
Honorary Alumnus/a of the Year Award
The Honorary Alumnus/a of the Year Award is presented to an individual who is not a graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine who meets the following criteria:
- has spent a distinguished long- time career spanning (about 20 years) at the university
- is a national leader in his or her specialty
- holds other awards from national societies
- has an extensive publication history
- may have served on an NIH committee and/or been recognized as a physician scientist
- may serve as an outstanding physician clinician educator who has received distinguished teaching awards of excellence
Special Recognition Award
New in 2011, this is to be presented to an alumnus/a who has made extraordinary contributions in areas not recognized by the other awards, including exceptional community service, clinical expertise, teaching/mentoring, social or civic engagement, or other notable achievements. The award will be given at the discretion of the Awards Committee and Medical Alumni Association and is not necessarily given on an annual basis.
Early Career Leadership Award
To be presented to an alumnus/a who graduated in the last 15 years and has made extraordinary contributions in areas including community service, clinical or research expertise, mentoring, social or civic engagement, or other notable accomplishments.
The Robert L. Haynie [GRS'72, MED'78] Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
Presented to an alumnus/a or individual whose work on behalf of diverse populations in the general and/or medical communities has:
- Significantly addressed systemic or unconscious bias.
- Improved the lot of people whose health has suffered because of systemic or unconscious bias.
- Enhanced the professional opportunities of members of ethnic, racial groups or cultural groups that are under-represented in health care fields.
Lifetime Achievement Award
To be presented to an alumnus/a who has exhibited outstanding lifelong commitment, inspiration and dedication to improving the lives of others that has brought about distinction for Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.